Thread: Greetings fellow mappers.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Greetings fellow mappers.

Let me just say, I am blown away that a community like this exists!

Now, my name is Oliver Kruszka, I have been a cartographer/GIS analyst for an energy consulting firm for over 13 years. With that being said, I am writer, and artist, designer, and programmer (lame one at that). I have used various mapping programs throughout my career. Most specifically the industry standard, ArcMap.

Over the past five years I have painstakingly worked to build a real world, with real lat longs, with topographical techniques that NASA uses to create elevations for instance on moons they have photographed. I recently published my first book, the Monsters of Eden. Inside the book, there are a few maps.

I'm not trying to sell my book here, but I will publish the link so you know I am for real. My eventual vision is to create an entire planet mapped down to the "Google level" to support my ever growing world of Monsters. That being said, as the endeavor grows, I will not be able to do this work alone. I will need to bing on collaborators. Currently, things are in the infant stage, so I'd like to forge friendships here and lend any knowledge I can of cartography to anyone interested as well as learn from many of you.

Thanks for your time!
    Oliver

https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/book...92634171?mt=11
    "Let your art be your words." ~ me

Very welcome to CG Oliver. Sounds like you've done lots of work already! Looking forward to seeing your work on here

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Weery View Post
    Very welcome to CG Oliver. Sounds like you've done lots of work already! Looking forward to seeing your work on here
    Thanks. I have a question, where would be the best sub-board for knowledge of city mapping? My world needs some layout for a city, most of my professional experience lies in larger maps, not so much city street sizes. I mean I have mapped my fair share of underground mines, but that is about as close as I got to smaller scale work.
    "Let your art be your words." ~ me