When I saw the title for this month long challenge I began trying to come up with a cool idea of a journey that I would be interested in mapping. While many ideas initially came to mind, none of them had the 'feel' or sparked my interest. Then I thought of life itself. Each person's life is a somewhat unique path/journey/trip and if the events could be laid on a map it may have a rather cool appearance.

So the idea I have for this map is to come up with numerous events/occurrences that happen during people's lives (though more focused on the emotional side) and then name a specific landscape feature after them. For example, The Marsh of Misfortune, Ocean of spilled tears, Ruined dreams (river), Jungles of Joy, Forest of Famine, Desert of lost paths, Clouds of Missed Chances etc.

Then, I will have paths crossing all over the map connecting between themselves and the different areas, helping to show how complex each life is and how they could just go in circles, take meandering routes (especially in the desert of lost paths), or no paths whatsoever (like for the clouds of missed chances). Also, I was thinking that it would be cool if not the whole map was shown (meaning that it would continue under the map's border), giving the idea that this is not everything, that there are other routes not depicted in this section.

Around the map I would then put a border showing a bunch of living creatures/plants. I have started this below but since everything so far is in pencil the scanner did not pick it up too well. I added some text in paint to help describe what everything is. (Also, I was exceptionally lazy when it came to cropping this map. As such there is a lot of white space in addition to faded pencil)

### Latest WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st draft life map.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	864.9 KB 
ID:	107894

Any comments, ideas, or criticism for this concept would be gratefully accepted. Also, I would just like to ensure that this fits in the challenge's criteria. As life is a journey I thought it would but since it does not really relate to the examples given I would just like to double check before I get too far .