Thread: Some Old Mappa Harnica-style maps

Guild Apprentice

Default Some Old Mappa Harnica-style maps

Hello,

I finally registered after having lurked hereabouts for some years. I did it mainly to be able to heap praise on the wonderful work that is published here, but I felt I should contribute something myself. I've always loved maps and over the years made tons of them, both hand-drawn and digital. Sadly only a few have survived hard disk crashes, moving house and the general passing of time. The ones below are a couple that actually did manage to cling to existence, while remain hidden for many years in the deepest recesses of my file structure. I only recently rediscovered them.

I always liked (but never played) the role-playing game Harnmaster with its more historically grounded setting and beautiful maps. Around 12 years ago someone made a plug-in for Campaign Cartographer 2 called Mappa Harnica, which allowed you to make your own Harnmaster-style maps (regional maps, local maps and interior maps). The following maps were made using it, and are, I would guess, about 10 years old.

Two fictitious small towns, around AD 1000-1200:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Broadwell2, small.png 
Views:	202 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	107911

Name:	Burgh, small.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	107912

A motte-and-bailey castle with village, same time period:

Name:	Castle Kilsby, small.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	107913

A 16th century manor with interior map:

Name:	16th c. Manor, small.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	107914

Name:	16th c. Manor house, small.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	709.6 KB 
ID:	107915

(I'm not sure what the general rule is for the preferred size of uploaded maps, so please tell me if these are too large/small.)

Welcome on board! I'm a big fan of Hârn and I've always found the maps very clean and detailed (the more medieval & artsy ones were pretty cool too).
    Good job on those, the Harnica style is obvious and well rendered.

Nice work. I too have loved the Harn style for years. The game system itself is very detailed but not suitable for High Fantasy. It’s great for playing the Middle Ages, though.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

These are some pretty nifty maps! I liked all of them, but I'm particularly fond of the interior map. With a splash of colour and maybe a sideways view this would be an awesome map in itself!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

The waterways are really nicely and realistically done, creeks and brooks can be sometimes be neglected, but your's are great. I feel like, I could fish them.