Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcing the first true globe game: Verrago - The Globe Game !!

Default Announcing the first true globe game: Verrago - The Globe Game !!

Hello!

---------Check out the most recent update for details for all of our projects at: https://linktr.ee/veridianworldcrafters ----------

Here's the most recent photo, albeit in poor lighting. Enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Globesnippet.PNG 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	130327

---UPDATE---(New)

Here's where you sign up, Enjoy!

https://kickstarter.com/projects/wor...asy-globe-game

---UPDATE---(Old)

Enjoy!

Attachment 120393

---UPDATE---(old)
    I've worked hard to get to this moment. I have have another thread on the site, if you want to see the artwork as it has progressed you can check out the link here:

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=41706

I started this thread to showcase the board game aspect of this project, or "Globe Game". Our manufacturing partners say that I'm the first to actually make a globe game to their knowledge and they would know as they make globes... (if we're wrong let me know!).

We are going to show our stuff at Gen Con this year in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. This is the largest board game convention in North America and we're excited to show you the game!

Here is the first sneak peak of a picture, of the prototype. This artwork will naturally be improved upon in the coming months.

Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Globegame Prototype work.PNG 
Views:	93 
Size:	861.3 KB 
ID:	108136  
    Last edited by Vigilus; 06-28-2021 at 11:28 AM.

Interesting, can you give more details on the game? Is it like Risk?

The main influences of this game are: Settlers of Catan, Chess, Go, Legacy Risk, 7th Continent, Spirit Island, Dungeons and Dragons, and Feudum. This is very much it’s own game and while these influences are listed I didn’t take directly from any of them. Also, some influences are modules that you add later to make the game play more like a specific type of game that you like. So, pen and paper RPG’s have a module that let’s you interface your role playing experience with this game. There are quite a few modules in development, for many of the older and newer board game genres.

Wow Vigilus! You're a true pioneer! Mad respect for all the work you've sunk into this project, it's quite original! I think you'll achieve much success at your convention, good luck in your future developments, and may your networking be ever fruitful!

Thank you Adfor!

Come by my table at Gen Con if you are headed that way this August, We'd love to have you playtest the alpha edition!

Here is an update on the globe game mapping project, enjoy!

Name:	Globe Game.PNG 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	111258

Verrago - The Globe Game Coming to Kickstarter August 2019!

We've shown the game in it's unfinished state at GenCon 2018 and PAX Unplugged 2018 with much enthusiasm and interest!

A 2-10 player legacy 4x strategy game that will play from 1-2 hours (on average). The globe is magnetic and the plastic pieces allow for it to act as a save file, so you have it on display or in the box and you still keep your previous games saved. No stickers or markers in this legacy game! With over 1200 cards of options, the game plays simply and follows a hidden card draw hierarchy. For all of you tabletop roleplayers, this game is also designed to be a setting (with 15 years of unique, new IP world design). Imagine playing through a 2 hour session of this game before starting your tabletop game on a Saturday morning, creating a complex, player invested, geopolitical-magical world that you all co-create real time. Game Masters, imagine the amount of time you save by playing this game instead of having to design everything! There are so many more things that I've designed that go into each and every card that in the interest of brevity I'll omit.

If you like the concept and want to follow us, go to Facebook and search for Veridian Worldcrafters and like our facebook page. Thank you for your support!

UPDATE!

Here is the first Continental Showcase of Arkaeya.

Name:	IMG_1378.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	114984
    Last edited by Vigilus; 04-19-2019 at 03:22 PM.

It lools like knitting.

Edit: Picture replaced!

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    It lools like knitting.
    Haha it does! the picture came out way more grainy than I thought. The colors are smooth, i'll try to get a better picture.
    Last edited by Vigilus; 04-19-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast