Hi Folks,

Been a little busy with life and non-cartography stuff, so haven't been around much lately.

See below images for preliminary work on some of these maps. Thankfully, they are for the most part, not overly detailed. Individual buildings are to be 1/2 Letter page B&W maps, others are to be Letter sized.

The direction brief is simply the authors hand drawn sketches. I was going to do these in Ai, however, at this stage Ps for me is quicker and easier and allows me to do things I haven't yet worked out in Ai. I may hand draw some items and scan and trace them into vectors; furnishings etc. so I can scale them as appropriate.

Prelim work so far has been to setup the documents based on my template, place the jpeg files and begin construction of the walls. This is simply done using the marquee tools and filling with 50% grey. Once I'm happy with the walls, I'll use the magic want tool to select and create a path from the selection and then use separate layers for pattern fills/strokes and so on.

At the moment I'm not adding grids to the images but once I've got to a stage where one is more or less complete and I'm happy with how it looks, I'll shoot it off to the publisher for comments and ask if grids will be required.

As always any feed-back is welcome and appreciated.

### Latest WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baths of Basg.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	108195Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old City Inn.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	108196Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outlaw Fort.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	108197Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zygas taga temple.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	753.6 KB 
ID:	108198