Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: July 2018 Challenge: Iri-Oriand, World of Living Magic

Guild Expert

How do you come up with this stuff, it’s really crazy to look at, almost mesmerizing but mostly crazy and super awesome as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Selfie!

We've got to get you to draw a selfie so we can find the spot.
    hehe I'm no Rembrandt ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    * manages to stop staring at this long enough to make a comment *

Excellent as usual, sir. The coloring worked out well IMHO and I think this is a cool perspective. Would love to see what you could do with a "city" on the face of a cliff.
    Thanks Greason
    That would be an interesting challenge.
    I may try that when I have time.
    Quote Originally Posted by onez View Post
    It looks great John! Very imaginative.
    Love it!
    Thanks Filippo
    Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    I adore everything about this. It's as beautiful to look at as a whole, and also beautiful when zoomed in. The borders are probably my favorite part but the whole thing is just a pleasure to look at.
    Thank you Jen
    Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    How do you come up with this stuff, it’s really crazy to look at, almost mesmerizing but mostly crazy and super awesome as always.
    Thanks Kacey
    This one was definitely an odd surprise for me.
    It's not quite what I originally envisioned either.

Crazy interesting, and the coloring is wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Crazy interesting, and the coloring is wonderful!
    Thanks Bogie

I kept meaning to post how amazed I was at this one earlier but didn't quite get around to putting my words to print. This is spectacular. I've always been fascinated by worlds that incorporate a conceptual ascension into their very structure. The cities are amazing and the 'lands' are amazing. The subtly Eastern feel in the names and style combines well with the themes of upwards unto enlightenment (at least given the biases in fictional media I've picked up over the years ).

I can't help but want to think I'd like to live in Shagrim, overlooking the clouds of Halazhpa, but that wars with the desire this map sparks in me to move ever upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureWings View Post
    I kept meaning to post how amazed I was at this one earlier but didn't quite get around to putting my words to print. This is spectacular. I've always been fascinated by worlds that incorporate a conceptual ascension into their very structure. The cities are amazing and the 'lands' are amazing. The subtly Eastern feel in the names and style combines well with the themes of upwards unto enlightenment (at least given the biases in fictional media I've picked up over the years ).

I can't help but want to think I'd like to live in Shagrim, overlooking the clouds of Halazhpa, but that wars with the desire this map sparks in me to move ever upwards.
    Thank you Azure
    I know what you mean. I liked the idea of being in the clouds but thought I might go to Rudhis, to look upon the burning truth....
    But then something whispered.. what lies out there in Ythene? Out in the Night, the dark beyond?
    There is a desire to live in the familiar. Maybe Near a border or horizon.. near change, but not in it.
    That is safe. But to go beyond... see what is beyond the horizon, what is not yet visible...
    That is sort of scary and yet still tantalizing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456