Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    You are about to enter a world of pain ... for our greater pleasure (panem et circenses ). More seriously, doing this without the help of something like Sketchup ... you're a goddess !
    I can't jump so fast from giant to goddess, I would not like to upset the cartographic occult powers, and I can't renew my wardrobe that fast !
    I'm totally in a world of pain... the client just asked if I could add a family tree with portraits on one of the boxes... 'sure I will but it's another challenge on a really challenging project, so can I just hide myself under the bed ? ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by Weery View Post
    Love love love Dark Souls and love love love your work Beee. So I'm pretty optimistic for this map
    There's a particularly grim atmosphere in Dark Souls (you die a lot over and over again) and not much is ever explained to the player. It's left for them to figure things out without much hand holding. I wonder if you can incorporate some of that atmosphere into your map. I'm confident you will Thanks for posting!
    I hope I will, Weery, but as told before, I'm pretty blind there as I never played the game, and even if I watched a few gameplays, it's not the same ! But thanks to your comment I'll try to go to something darker

By the way, guys, if you have any references to provide about architecture, creatures, etc., I'll take them with gratitude !

This is already so promising!!
    I'm eager to see more.

PS: and the perspective of your Kingkel city wasn't easy at all, at least in my opinion.

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    This is already so promising!!
    I'm eager to see more.
    PS: and the perspective of your Kingkel city wasn't easy at all, at least in my opinion.
    Thanks Ilanthar !
    Easy or not, I can't tell, as I'm now really accustomed to it, but it was definitely easier than this one ^^'
    I'm glad I took my time to draw this perspective sketch. Now I'm drawing the detailed version, it definitely makes my work easier !

Here are the last progress. I kept the communication with the client since it can give you some clues about what's coming next.
    I precised the global layout to help my client see where I'm going and check with him if he loves it, but I mostly focused on architecture in the upper part for now. Probably I'll draw all the architecture for start, and will work on the natural elements later in the process.
    The client loved the idea of towers going over the boxes (special dedicace to J.Edwards here ) and border and asked me to extend the southern wall aswell, but I'm not sure if it works. What do you think ?

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkSouls_WIP02_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	811.1 KB 
ID:	108679

This is looking very sweet already.
    I enjoy watching you work. [sips coffee]

Someone did a 3d map viewer https://kayin.moe/?p=2218
    else, the wiki is a good source of information https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Places

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    This is looking very sweet already.
    I enjoy watching you work. [sips coffee]
    Thanks a lot, J. ! I'm currently eating popcorn while watching at your challenge map, so you're more than welcome to sip coffee here ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    Someone did a 3d map viewer https://kayin.moe/?p=2218
    else, the wiki is a good source of information https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Places
    Hey, thanks a lot, Azélor ! I drew the Sen's Fortress yesterday and am about to start the Undead Parish today and those will be very helpful to find the hidden details that are never shown elsewhere. I'm discovering the world is way darker than I imagined, even if @Weery warned me a few days ago, so I commissionned my husband to play the game for me and take screenshots (hard life of a map maker's husband...!)

The lore of the game is also pretty dark when you take the time to dig into it.

To really get most of it, you have to read the items description.
    Last edited by Azélor; 07-20-2018 at 10:27 AM.

You skill baffles me, you know that, but your organisation skills take me in a dark alley, knock me over the head with a lead pipe and steal my wallet !

Great progress Beee, and that's a pretty dark place to send your husband for research purposes! But I'm sure he'll have a great time in the Dark Souls world

You skill baffles me, you know that, but your organisation skills take me in a dark alley, knock me over the head with a lead pipe and steal my wallet !
    Lol btw Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    The lore of the game is also pretty dark when you take the time to dig into it.
    To really get most of it, you have to read the items description.
    I'll have a look for sure, thanks !

Oh, that looks extremely violent ! It's not the first time I read on the Guild that my style is bad for health, but now my organisation is a criminal ?! What the hell with my work !!
    Thus I'm not totally sure about what you're referring to about my organisations skills, I take the compliment and will be sure to add a note in my schedule to send you a first-aid kit in return ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Weery View Post
    Great progress Beee, and that's a pretty dark place to send your husband for research purposes! But I'm sure he'll have a great time in the Dark Souls world
    Lol btw Thomas
    Well, I was betrayed : my husband aborted the mission, telling it was too difficult to play with the keyboard (we're a 'no gamepad' house), so I'll have to deal with the links provided by Azélor and instead ^^

Some more slow progress, with a quickly made WIP color sampler to help the client see what I have in mind for next steps.
    Hope you'll enjoy !

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkSouls_WIP03_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	783.3 KB 
ID:	108901

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast