Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

The fortress looks good. It's nice playing bowling with giants.

Playing with a keyboard is awful indeed. You can customize the keys but it's easier with a controller. I use my old ps3 controller to play on my computer but any controller can work I suppose.

It's looking great Beee, and I'm watching this develop with interest.

Also, you maps make me smile. No muggings or robbery over here!!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    The fortress looks good. It's nice playing bowling with giants.
    Playing with a keyboard is awful indeed. You can customize the keys but it's easier with a controller. I use my old ps3 controller to play on my computer but any controller can work I suppose.
    Thanks for the advice ! I'll transmit it

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    It's looking great Beee, and I'm watching this develop with interest.
    Also, you maps make me smile. No muggings or robbery over here!!
    Thanks ChickPea ! I'm happy to see you back, by the way, and hope you had some great time !
    Unfortunately I must say I'm not talented at drawing scary things... My monsters are the shame of the profession because of their cuteness, and I have to restart them 10 times before they sounds just "annoyed" instead of "so cute"... 'never archieved any sign of anger, of course ! So as people told me Dark Souls is supposed to be super dark, I'm a little worry about the creatures I will have to draw there !

=

Still working on the lineart... This is a transitional version, just because I wanted to share with you my joy for being done with those crenelated towers. I hate perspective crenelated towers...!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkSouls_WIP04_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	742.8 KB 
ID:	109038

Hope you'll enjoy !

By MistyBeee
    Still working on the lineart... This is a transitional version, just because I wanted to share with you my joy for being done with those crenelated towers. I hate perspective crenelated towers...!
    And I'm still watching with - a lot of - interest.
    Everything looks excellent, including those crenelated towers . For creatures, it's mainly a question of fangs, teeth, spines & tentacles. With a lot of them, you can't miss a scary beast .

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    And I'm still watching with - a lot of - interest.
    Everything looks excellent, including those crenelated towers . For creatures, it's mainly a question of fangs, teeth, spines & tentacles. With a lot of them, you can't miss a scary beast .
    Ooooh don't underestimate me ! even with all the teeths and spines of the world, they always have this Chat-Potté eye telling something like "why are you trying to make me something I'm not ?"

Architecture is definitely safer, and I'm done with this part of the linework now, except maybe a few details to add later with the color step...
    I also started a quick trial for forests (so thanks, @Ilanthar, it was great to watch yours on the challenge map you drew this month !), and started the cliffs aswell : both will take ages, but it should let me my brain free enough to listen something fun

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	DarkSouls_WIP05_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	721.8 KB 
ID:	109139

But teeths usually stay in the mouth, that's boring unless they can spit them. Then it can become a deadly weapon.

Most Dark Souls players will probably agree that the most scary part of the game are the blowguns in Blighttown. That whole level is a nightmare.

Love the cliffs, they look deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Ooooh don't underestimate me ! even with all the teeths and spines of the world, they always have this Chat-Potté eye telling something like "why are you trying to make me something I'm not ?"
    You know that is the thing with the cute monsters. You think they are cute, you think it is safe to pet them... and then you are missing a hand...
    The worst part is, the monster is still looking cute with your hand sticking out of its mouth.

It gonna be work of art Misty. Love it already.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    But teeths usually stay in the mouth, that's boring unless they can spit them. Then it can become a deadly weapon.
    Most Dark Souls players will probably agree that the most scary part of the game are the blowguns in Blighttown. That whole level is a nightmare.
    Love the cliffs, they look deadly.
    Deadly cliffs, that was exactly the purpose, so I'm glad you think like that !

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    You know that is the thing with the cute monsters. You think they are cute, you think it is safe to pet them... and then you are missing a hand...
    The worst part is, the monster is still looking cute with your hand sticking out of its mouth.
    It gonna be work of art Misty. Love it already.
    I delinitely love your vision of cuteness, Voolf. I'm just afraid I'll watch my cute dog differently now ^^'

I think I'm now done with the line work ! I'll probably add a few details after or with the color here and there : brick texture, mostly, but I can say the job is now done !
    I would love to work on the creatures line work right now but my client is not decided yet, so it's time for shading, texturing and coloring. It's a request from the client to use muted colors essentially, so let's see what I can do with this !
    Also... I would have a question for those who played the game : my client suggested "The Royal City of Anor Londo - Lordan" : what do you think about it ? Is it appropriate ?

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	DarkSouls_WIP06_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	617.9 KB 
ID:	109528

Hope you'll love it !

It looks pretty fantastic! And i say that even though i don't really like Dark Souls. However, there's one thing that i'm a bit concerned about, and that is the decoration of the text panels, which currently seems to be some renaissance Strapwork. Doesn't the game Dark Souls use a very dark gothic style on most of its buildings? If yes, i'd maybe consider to use some more gothic decorations for the border and panels.

Other than that, buildings, perspective, nature - 10/10

PS: just made a quick Sketch to show what i meant:

Name:	96C52BB9-F7C1-4C9B-B1DF-A9AEAD6E656A.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	109529

(ofc it turned itself in the wrong direction)
    Last edited by Chlodowech; 08-16-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Wow, your cliff is even more detailed than your buildings... it's insanely detailed .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast