Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Amazing! Simply amazing...

I really feel for you for the effort that had to go into getting the perspective right. But, it looks great.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodowech View Post
    It looks pretty fantastic! And i say that even though i don't really like Dark Souls. However, there's one thing that i'm a bit concerned about, and that is the decoration of the text panels, which currently seems to be some renaissance Strapwork. Doesn't the game Dark Souls use a very dark gothic style on most of its buildings? If yes, i'd maybe consider to use some more gothic decorations for the border and panels.
    Other than that, buildings, perspective, nature - 10/10
    PS: just made a quick Sketch to show what i meant:
    Attachment 109529
    (ofc it turned itself in the wrong direction)
    Thanks a lot, Jakob, for the kind words, of course, but also for taking the time to sketch this for me.
    Actually I totally agree with you : Strapwork is not a personal choice for Dark Souls and a gothic style would have been more adapted. However I'm not free here : my client have a very precise idea of what he's looking for and rejected (very politely ^^) my propositions for several gothic styles, as he loves very simple ornaments. The current ornaments are similar to some I drew for another map for him (map of Hogwarts and surroundings, I should post it there once) and he explicitely asked I use those. However, your sketch made me thing about something different I could propose him... I'll try it this morning, we'll see !

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Wow, your cliff is even more detailed than your buildings... it's insanely detailed .
    You're not wrong : insane, I must admit ^^

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Amazing! Simply amazing...
    I really feel for you for the effort that had to go into getting the perspective right. But, it looks great.
    Well... I did my best, I must tell ? I have a strong astimatism, so straight and parallel lines are super complicated for me. The preliminary sketch eliminated the risk of a very crooked perspective and allowed me to focus on the details instead of constantly zoom out and check if the perspective works

It's too long since I last edited this post, so here are the recent progress :
    - Border details in Gothic style,
    - New ornament for the title & legend boxes, Gothic style aswell (not 100% confirmed by the client for now, I cross my fingers since I really like this version),
    - As you can see, natural parts colored and shaded (even if I'll need to add details here and there, because there is always details to add here and there). We decided to go for muted colors and autumnal tones. After all, why not ?
    It's now time to focus on buildings, but in the meantime, I hope you'll love this version ^^

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkSouls_WIP07_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	684.0 KB 
ID:	109757

Fantastic work! This map really is astonishing!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Fantastic work! This map really is astonishing!
    Thank you so much, ChickPea !!

Here is the last version with building color almost done now, hoping you'll love it !

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	DarkSouls_WIP08_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	868.9 KB 
ID:	109899

Guild Apprentice

I love seeing updates to this map, it's an amazing piece of work.
    I can see myself trotting around all the areas, getting smashed about endlessly.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Venture Quest Maps's Avatar

Wow... that is just incredible. Serious talent Misty. Im jelly, one day I hope to get my map art on your level.
    I Love bringing worlds to life with lore and landscapes
    The more unique the map I get to draw
    The more fun it is

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

I am absolutely in love with this.
    Twitter: @mirandaleiggi
    Instagram: mira_artstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Del2me View Post
    I love seeing updates to this map, it's an amazing piece of work.
    I can see myself trotting around all the areas, getting smashed about endlessly.
    A little late, thanks a lot, Del !
    Haha, yeah... As told before I never played the game myself, but I looked at many videos while working on this one and saw people dying again and again... and again... and often... again.

Quote Originally Posted by CELake2009 View Post
    Wow... that is just incredible. Serious talent Misty. Im jelly, one day I hope to get my map art on your level.
    Thank you so much for the kind words, CELake ! Honestly I have no doubt you can : it's all about work and practice

Quote Originally Posted by mirandaleiggi View Post
    I am absolutely in love with this.
    Thank you Miranda ! ^^

=

It's been too long since I last posted a preview here. The map is almost finished now, but I'm now on the step where I draw smaller illustrations and details and they look awful in low resolution, so here is a close up of the family tree I just finished today, hoping you'll love it !

Name:	DarkSouls_WIP09_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	110128

It's freaking beautiful!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast