Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dark Souls

"Crossbread Priscilla"? So she's a baked good? Or should that be "Crossbred" (or maybe "Crossbreed")?

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    "Crossbread Priscilla"? So she's a baked good? Or should that be "Crossbred" (or maybe "Crossbreed")?
    Her father is a dragon and her mother is an humanoid, probably human but I'm not sure.
    Must be a typo.

It looks gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    So I assume I was super hungry when I worked on the labels ^^'
    It should be "Crossbreed" (ok... I just misspelled again while writing it here : there is something weird with my fingers. Or my keyboard) : thanks a lot for pointing it. Even if Priscilla is the daughter of a dragon, it's maybe not a joke the royal family would approve

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    Her father is a dragon and her mother is an humanoid, probably human but I'm not sure.
    Must be a typo.
    It looks gorgeous.
    Merci beaucoup Azélor !
    Last edited by MistyBeee; 09-19-2018 at 02:52 AM.

Great work, Misty, as usual, I would say.

But I´m asking myself, who would spend money, gold and working time (not you as Misty but the ruler or King or someone of this city/castle) in creating a tower like building like yours an the front right. After having invested thousands and thousands of bucks, they build a tower like this and added some normal houses then? and in fact, the walls ar so high and the space there is so narrow, that the lighting situation for the houses there will be a kind of challanging

The family tree is gorgeous!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by randigpanzrall View Post
    Great work, Misty, as usual, I would say.
    But I´m asking myself, who would spend money, gold and working time (not you as Misty but the ruler or King or someone of this city/castle) in creating a tower like building like yours an the front right. After having invested thousands and thousands of bucks, they build a tower like this and added some normal houses then? and in fact, the walls ar so high and the space there is so narrow, that the lighting situation for the houses there will be a kind of challanging
    Thank you Randig !
    Actually, it's a good point and I definitely agree with you : it's something that bothered me during the whole process, but I'm not free on this specific case ^^. The drawing is based on the lore, in-game pics, some rare reference maps from the game & fans and, what's the most important, on my client's sacrosanct sketch, and I really didn't had any kind on flexibility here. All I can say is the royal family, which is probably responsible of this montrous fortification is known for being totally insane, and as most of the 'people' who lives in that town are... well... dead... so I assume the light is not a priority. Actually, the houses I drew are pretty rich compared to what they're supposed to be : to gives you a better idea of the feeling of the town in game : here.
    I'm not sure about the circumstances of the buiding of this giant tower, only hypothesis. Maybe it's the royal family, as mentionned above, but maybe it's an older structure, built by the dragons at the begining of the lore, before humans, and which was invested by humans (dead or alive ^^) at a later era. Only suppositions though, I'm not an expert on Dark Souls' lore ^^
    The map is finished now and I'll post it in the Finished maps room next week or so, but here is what I learned :
    - A lot of perspective skills,
    - I'm faster than ever at drawing forests,
    - Those people are absolutely crazy, in the worst way you can imagine,
    - Under no circumstances I'll go in that world. Never. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    The family tree is gorgeous!
    Thank you so much, Chick Pea ! I rarely draw portraits, so I'm glad you love them ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Thank you so much, Chick Pea ! I rarely draw portraits, so I'm glad you love them ^^
    It seems to me like you have drawn them for ages. It's how good they are
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345