Thread: Ardania

Map Ardania

I drew this map at work during some downtime the other day. I used a standard ballpoint pen (that kept running out of ink) and a pad of paper. When I got home from work I brushes some coffee onto the map, aged it in a toaster oven, and then burned the edges with a lighter.

I call the peninsula Ardania, and it's located in my homebrew D&D world. I was pleased enough with the outcome that I plan on using it as a handout in my game. One idea I have right now is to create an invisible ink that can only be seen under a UV light. When my players cast certain spells on the map, I'll use the UV light to reveal the magical secrets hidden by the previous owner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ardania.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	957.0 KB 
ID:	108057

Hehe, another great "postit" from Alfanso ! Hope you won't have any trouble at work, but I still love the maps you draw there
    It sounds someone burned the compass to prevent others to use the map properly !

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Hehe, another great "postit" from Alfanso ! Hope you won't have any trouble at work, but I still love the maps you draw there
    It sounds someone burned the compass to prevent others to use the map properly !
    To be honest, I don't really have much to do at work, and my boss is usually relaxed about this sort of thing. I think it's funny you mention the compass being burned. I decided to burn it because I didn't like how it turned out, but I didn't want to scrap the whole map haha. Plus, it adds to the mystique. Maybe if you fold the map in a certain way, it'll isolate a point of interest. Who knows...

Very nicely done! I like your mountains & frame especially.
    Ah! Those people who read maps to close to fires !

Very nicely done indeed. And I salute your courage in taking a lighter to the map. I'd be terrified in case the whole thing went up in flames!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Novice

Default Warlock?

Like from the game Warlock?

Not only the map is good but that border (intentional or not) is a real treat

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

Great speed-mapping work!