Thread: WIP- A large scale DnD world map

Default WIP- A large scale DnD world map

Hello! Technically I'm not new here but for all intenstive purposes I'm new, and this is more or less the first map I've made. It's for a DnD campagin I'll be running, and it's not fully finished yet but I wanted to get your guys' opinions on it so far. One of the main questions I have is how to do roads- I'm not really sure how to portray them at the scale I'm going for and keeping with sort of my black-and-white, kind of minimalist style. Also that thing in the road between Ventac and Covrenmic is supposed to be a bridge; I had no idea how to do that as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dndmap 1.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	112884  

I like the clean style, and anything "Tolkienesque" is good in my opinion.
    Minimalist is fine, though it does feel a little bit bland.

I agree; would you recommend adding some sort of really subtle texture to the landmasses? It would also help distinguish them from the seas.

I like the overall style/feel of the map. If it were my map, i'd add forests. The coastal wavelines are too strong in my opinion. The first waveline is almost indistinguishable from the continent line and that gives it a bit of a weird look.
    For the roads i'd just take a thin line. The problem will be to distinguish it from the river lines. That can be tricky with such a minimalist style, as you do not have colors to work with. I now see that you have roads already ^^ I do think that your dashed line works well enough (as long as you do not have country boundaries, it's fine and no mix-up is possible).

Why don't you tell us a bit about the world itself (I'm a fellow roleplayer and always interested in setting/world information )
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars