Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Riverlands

I sympathize, I ran into a window and hurt my thumb two days ago. I draw slow. Take care and nail this one it is really promising !

Guild Novice

This is incredibly detailed. I can't wait to see what it looks like coloured in.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! No more swelling, so I can get back to it soon.

I took the marker to this again and lengthened other shadows to match the castle tower. I'll take a scan and photograph tomorrow to be a base for digital coloring!

This map looks great to me. I personally like the shadowing you added and would move forward with coloring from there. I like your style of trees and the detail they have.

Hopefully the next challenges won't be too tempting for me to resist - I am happy to have some time to get back to my personal projects! I've started coloring this one in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Riverlands_color.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	7.35 MB 
ID:	110205

Here's another view, but with a paper texture background. It adds some texture, but it's subtle enough that I'm not sure whether to keep it or not. At least it does obscure the ISO noise from my photograph of the map. Something for me to think about.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Riverlands_color_texture.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	8.13 MB 
ID:	110206

I was looking at the brightness difference between the two and I was preferring the lighter one without the texture, but I think the texture really kind of makes all the stuff kind of pop which is more important I think. Anyways as I was switching between the two honestly it seems they are both too dark. Perhaps use more light when taking the photo (which I think will also help reduce noise incidentally), or maybe brighten them up in photoshop?

As for the map, dude, it's fantastic, I love it.

Looking very good! The paper texture adds something, but it also darkens it a bit, sadly.
    I love the windy effect on the plateau, that's just brillant!

I like the second texture but if you can find a way to lighten it up a bit it'll be better in my eye. It's looking pretty good though

Thanks, everyone! Ilanthar, I was a bit worried about the krumholz trees at the top, but with the color they do look great!

I think I'll try to get a photo with better light, and move forward from there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast