View Poll Results: Lite Challenge: Map a Trip or Journey! VOTING TIME vote for as many as you want

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roland's Journey by aeshnidae

23 69.70%
  • Apollo 11 Flight Profile by AlfansosRevenge

16 48.48%
  • The Road to Borzar by Anna Sellers

0 0%
  • The Map of Life by Arimel

12 36.36%
  • Journeys of a Cheese Girl by jbgibson

7 21.21%
  • Gaspésie je t'aime! by Mimine

3 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June / July '18 Lite Challenge: Map a Trip or Journey! TIME to VOTE !

Default June / July '18 Lite Challenge: Map a Trip or Journey! TIME to VOTE !

June / July '18 Lite Challenge: Map a Trip or Journey! TIME to VOTE !

This months Challenge asked you to create a map that shows a TRIP or JOURNEY. It could be as simple as mapping the route you took on your latest vacation, as complex as mapping out Lewis & Clark's expedition. It could be a real Exploration such as Leif Erikson's northern passage to America, or it could be a fictional one like The Journey to the Center of the Earth (this would be cool as it comes with it's own sound track Rick Wakeman: Journey to the Center of the Earth ) It could be world spanning like Magellan's voyage or very local if you map your route to work.

We have 6 great entries for you to vote on.

Check out the Thumbnails of all these entries, but don't forget to click on each one so you can see them at full size.

CLICK HERE for Challenge Thumbnails & Large maps

Be Sure to Check The Full Size Maps, don't just look at the thumbnails.

We have 6 entries and you can vote for as many or as few as you like.
    With such great maps voting is going to be very hard once again. Fantastic work everyone.

The voting will last for 3 days and the winner will receive a shiny silver compass, and our undying adoration!

Regardless of who you vote for, please don't forget to REP everyone you feel deserves it.

I would normally vote for 3 of 6, but I broke down & voted for 4. The first 2 votes were easy, but I couldn't decide between Apollo 11 and Cheese Girl. The chalk on a blackboard map is a great idea and there are some nice background details and nobody has ever made a decent map out of actual cheese and this came out pretty good, so points for originallity. Had to vote for both.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

I'm sad that I didn't have the time to finish mine... Moving from my parents home was a lot more work than I thought, and I didn't have to time to work on my map! Good work everyone!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

That is a shame, Mimine. But I hope your move went well

Great work everyone. A few really interesting ideas!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

It did! Thank you very much Mouse! I will finish my map sometime and post it in Finished Maps for sure
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

Always gotta vote for cheese! Just watched Dark Tower (gonna have to read the book one of these days), and life... Mine has been... Well I can't really say those sorts of things here without a lot of substitute symbols in place of letters. Well done to everyone though. Will try to pass out some chew toys of Rep when I have more time.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Always gotta vote for cheese! Just watched Dark Tower (gonna have to read the book one of these days), and life... Mine has been... Well I can't really say those sorts of things here without a lot of substitute symbols in place of letters. Well done to everyone though. Will try to pass out some chew toys of Rep when I have more time.
    Sorry to hear about the %!#$@^! that life has thrown your way. You should definitely read the books. You know, when you have time for several thousand pages. I didn't mind the movie (having Idris Elba as Roland was pretty awesome) but it just isn't possible to capture the awesome complexity of the books in a single movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Woops, missed the vote !
    Congrats, Aeshnidae !!
    Thanks, MistyBeee!

And thanks to everyone who voted for Roland's Journey! It was incredibly fun to relive the first 3 books of the Dark Tower series when making this map.

Great job to everyone who competed. Special shout-out to AlfansosRevenge for the brilliant chalkboard map - being both a map and NASA nerd, I loved the combo of cartography and space travel.

Congratulations Aeshnidae !
    (I voted for you ^^)
    -- Maps and Watercolor --

In french :
    Mon tipeee : come and support my work
    https://mondelys.wordpress.com/ : Here I write and I draw the Encyclopedia of Lys
    https://manaearth.wordpress.com/ : Discover the table rpg Mana Earth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast