Thread: Fan Art: Forgotten Realms: City of Mirabar

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Fan Art: Forgotten Realms: City of Mirabar

This is the largest map that I've done. I drew it two summers ago (it took three months time to finish in-between other projects and a day job) both for fun and for part of my 5th Edition D&D campaign. I sell 300dpi PDF versions of this map through Dungeon Master's Guild. The dimensions of the image are 18 by 24 inches, but I used a 20 by 26 piece of Stonehenge Paper with the image centered in the paper. The colored areas were done using Prismacolor Premier Art Markers, while the black outlines were done using Micron Pens.

This map was based on the description of the city in Volo's Guild to the North by Ed Greenwood. In the book the narrator (Volo) describes maps of Mirabar as difficult to find as the city's government suppresses maps of Mirabar as part of their military defense.

I've since moved to drawing digitally with a Cintiq Tablet, and I've recently been working on a fan art maps of Waterdeep's now destroyed Field Ward, as well as an extended map of the Faerunian city of Telflamm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mirabar WEB SMALL.jpg 
Views:	1575 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	108361

The colors are so vibrant, and I absolutely love how you did the river! This is a wonderful piece, you can definitely be proud of this one, rkr, great work!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Thanks. Glad you liked it.

Really the worst thing about this map is that there isn't a DM's Guild link to follow to purchase it!

Default Wonderful Map!

Hey, i was searching for a Map of Mirabar to use in my Campaign and found your really amazing piece of art here!
    Thank you for this wonderfull work!