Thread: WIP - Ardania, Colony of Trosaris

Wip WIP - Ardania, Colony of Trosaris

Recently I posted a picture of a map that I drew at work on a pad of paper. It can be found here. Anyway, that map inspired me to run a D&D campaign for my friends, and I wanted a larger, more developed map to accompany the game.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ardania_WIP_1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	108723

I imported my notepad sketch and began tracing the coastline. I've added more complexity to the shape of the coastline, and I'm liking the progress so far. I have not settled on the style or tone of the map yet, and I'd really love to hear suggestions. If you've seen some of my other maps, you'll know that I like to try new things with the art style. Feel free to challenge me to a particular style! I am here to learn new things after all

Wip

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Ardania_WIP_2.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	108816

Here's my latest WIP. I've filled in most of the geography by this point, and I'm satisfied so far. I still need to actually draw the details of the features, but that'll come probably tomorrow. My goal with this map is to completely finish within a week, so I've given myself until Thursday night to post a final version of the map. Before then, I want to finish the line art, color the map, label the features and towns, insert some detail work, and finish the borders and title.

Let me know what you think, and feel free to make suggestions.

Wip

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Ardania_WIP_3.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	108889

Began filling in the color today. I still need to finish some linework on the mountains, but they were getting tedious. I'm well on track to meet my one week challenge!

The color gives the map a new dimension in this specific case !
    Every map maker should sympathize : we all knew a "mountain day" or a "fill the forest" day. It's time for listening a good audiobook, a podcast, or to launch a "no-eyes-needed" serie ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    The color gives the map a new dimension in this specific case !
    Every map maker should sympathize : we all knew a "mountain day" or a "fill the forest" day. It's time for listening a good audiobook, a podcast, or to launch a "no-eyes-needed" serie ! ^^
    You're definitely right about needing something to listen to. I ended up catching up on some podcasts, and it certainly removed some of the monotony.

Wip

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Ardania_WIP_6.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	108979

I think this is my final version of the map. I toyed with the idea of adding a compass rose, but I think it looked clunky so I left it out. Aside from that, I wrapped up the text, changed some of the blend modes, and finished shading the mountains.

Any suggestions before I post in the Finished Maps forum?