Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iri-Oriand, Land of Living Magic [challenge map]

Map Iri-Oriand, Land of Living Magic [challenge map]

This was my map for the July 2018 challenge, Son of Fantasy Random Generator.
    As I say, I love this challenge. The first one led to Harlasea, so it is a favorite for me.
    I love those random prompts.

This time I went with this prompt...
    "Irioriand, an artifical world of winding stone labyrinths filled with the sound of machinery.
    The world is populated by living spells and dweomers."
    The wip thread is here, with some little sketches and concepts thrown in there.
    I had a lot of fun with this and it led to some story creation ideas.
    I'm too busy with work at the moment to take it further, but notes have been written down for later use.
    Thanks to all who commented on the wip, the reps and the fun rep comments
    Cheers, J

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iri-Oriand complete by jstevenson.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	109178

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

Very original map! I like the layers, just like onions, as Shrek would say! Your drawings are beautiful, good job!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

Congrats again for a well deserved award ! The map is stunning, just like a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Mimine View Post
    Very original map! I like the layers, just like onions, as Shrek would say! Your drawings are beautiful, good job!
    Thank you, thank you Mimine
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Congrats again for a well deserved award ! The map is stunning, just like a dream
    Thank you Beee
    It could make for a strange and vivid dream.
    Hmmm, maybe this semi-planar world could be accessed through some dreamland region...

The fact you did this "dream made map" in a short amount of time is one more reason why it's more than a deserved award .

Guild Apprentice

I find this map very interesting and quite incredible! The vivid inspiration behind it is incredible. I want to know if you plan on expanding this map in any way, maybe even throwing in some subtaeranian mapping systems. What plans to you have for this map so far? It seems like it could have lot's of potential

This is a piece of art more than a map, very original and colorful! your linework are always stunning John!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    The fact you did this "dream made map" in a short amount of time is one more reason why it's more than a deserved award .
    Thanks Ilanthar
    It definitely went faster than I would have thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterman View Post
    I find this map very interesting and quite incredible! The vivid inspiration behind it is incredible. I want to know if you plan on expanding this map in any way, maybe even throwing in some subtaeranian mapping systems. What plans to you have for this map so far? It seems like it could have lot's of potential
    I did plan to do more with this world.
    I have a whole multiverse of story things and not nearly enough time to work on them all.
    But yes, this was supposed to tie in with two other story concepts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    This is a piece of art more than a map, very original and colorful! your linework are always stunning John!
    Thank you Tom

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Love it! Very unusual and beautiful map.

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    Love it! Very unusual and beautiful map.
    Thank you Rob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast