Thread: Edrasta

Map Edrasta

Hello!

I am working on the world Edrasta for several months now. The following pictures show the results I could achieve so far.
    I mainly worked on the informational base, just visually creating what is absolutely necessary to show the different terrains of the world.
    But I also tried my luck with wilbur to not just make nice mountains, but create realistic rivers.
    Since Wilbur does not show biomes, though, I need to merge my both works together so that I have a map that combines both the topographic beauty and shows the biomes.
    One could say I want to go for a satellite map style, which would be nice but is not true. My ambitions are not that high right now. But still.... I want to beautify the map, so here is what I did so far:

The grey physical map:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Farbprojekt.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	6.49 MB 
ID:	109186
    This is the grayscaled result of wilburs work, combined with the waterlayer which I put in because I disliked the just gray plains of nothing^^
    I'd like to recreate the ocean floor lateron though. (It just consists of sketches I needed for biome placing)

The biome map:

Name:	Terrain.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	6.08 MB 
ID:	109187
    This is the plain biome map. I failed to create my own colourpalette, so I used the one that came with the map application of minecraft "AMIDST"

The legend for the biome map:

Name:	biom Farben.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	109188
    And this is the colourpalette I used as a picture. All rights to this colourpalette go to the creators of AMIDST

The physical and biome maps merged:

Name:	Physisch+Biom.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	7.15 MB 
ID:	109189
    Here is the result I got when I blured the biome map a bit and made it an overlay onto the gray physical map. It kinda looks nice but is nowhere near the endresult I want to have.

I also tried to mix it with satelite textures but got no usable result at all. So do you have any clues for me right now? I really could use some fresh ideas^^

EDIT: I am also open for complete new ideas for mapstyles. With my material I have kinda set in stone what is where. I just need something to visualize it. I am open to try out different stuff.
    I used Photoshop CS6 btw.
    Last edited by Rwexler; 08-04-2018 at 03:08 PM.

We have log in to see the pictures and even after logging in, it said the file did not exist.

It's really simpler to upload the files here.

Allright! I will upload it here. Thanks for the advice!

Edit: Did that now!
    Last edited by Rwexler; 08-04-2018 at 03:09 PM.