Thread: The Holy Gynocracy of Naareth & the Technocracy of Saragos

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Default The Holy Gynocracy of Naareth & the Technocracy of Saragos

Here's the latest map on the Atlas Elyden, which shows two regions - the Technocracy of Saragos and the Holy Gynocracy of Naareth, and khitai, which is a vassal to the latter. More on these regions and the creatures that populate them can be found here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Naareth & Saragos - Low-res.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	4.79 MB 
ID:	116684

SARAGOS

Name:	Saragos FACT BOX.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	713.4 KB 
ID:	116742

NAARETH

Name:	naareth FACT BOX.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	669.0 KB 
ID:	116743

KHITAI

Name:	Khitai FACT BOX.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	838.5 KB 
ID:	116744
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 07-29-2019 at 10:41 AM.

As great as your atlas maps always are. I especially enjoy the look of the Khitai area, I like how that long strait separates it from the mainland, but not by that much. The worldbuilding sounds hella interesting too!

Just out of curiosity, do you have an estimate on how many maps the Atlas is going to include in total?
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    As great as your atlas maps always are. I especially enjoy the look of the Khitai area, I like how that long strait separates it from the mainland, but not by that much. The worldbuilding sounds hella interesting too!
    thanks

Just out of curiosity, do you have an estimate on how many maps the Atlas is going to include in total?
    I'm thinking around 65 - 70 maps including speciality maps like trade zones, climate maps, political maps, tectonic maps, sea maps etc. there will be a dozen or so maps detailing the flags and nation details (like this) on top of that, so close to 200 pages total.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I'm always amazed by your courage and persistence : your encyclopedia is so huge !
    Each time I ear the word : "worldbuilding", i'm thinking of your work !
    Congratulations and I'm looking forward for the next country !

It seems to me like the texts of Saragos and Naareth are quite the same. Did some copy & paste mishap occur?

And do the people of San Marino and Estonia know about the flag of Khitai?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerron View Post
    It seems to me like the texts of Saragos and Naareth are quite the same. Did some copy & paste mishap occur?

And do the people of San Marino and Estonia know about the flag of Khitai?
    You're right! You're the first person to point that out actually, and neither of them is right. The right ones are:

SARAGOS
    This small nation originated in 1939 RM after chief technologist Zaddock and his allies were exiled to the south of Venthir by Queen Hetepheres decades earlier. It lies across the Tropic of Rah, and has the Molachari Desert to its west, making it a dry region, though it is far from inhospitable, and is covered in expansive savannahs. Its cities are known for their large communal wells as well as their expansive vaulted subterranean water reservoirs, that are sometimes used for public transport.

It is considered one of the most advanced nations in Elyden, with the highest literacy rate and the greatest proportion of vocationally-qualified individuals in the greater Inner Sea region, and its technarcane machinery is famed by others nations. Perhaps most mentioned are its airships that are used to maintain a thriving trade-route with the otherwise reclusive people of Porphyr.

In 3703 the Archpotentate Malichar travelled to Saragos and met with the chief Technocrat there. The outcome of the meeting is not recorded, though upon returning to Korachan, Malichar began a time of reclusiveness that has lasted three centuries and continues to this day.

__________________________________________________ ______

NAARETH
    Naareth is located south of the Tropic of Rah, with dry plains in the north, savannahs and spare woodlands in the centre and tropical forests in the south. The flat delta of the river Abashera is prone to extreme tidal flooding, reaching 140-miles inland.

Naarthel has been independent since its abandonment by the Korachani empire in 2995 RM following years of struggling to maintain a culture so wildly different from its own. Known anecdotally as a land ruled by women, where men are slaves, there is a great deal of interest surrounding Naareth. In truth, it is a land steeped in baroque religious ritual and a caste of noble women who are little more than glorified breeders.
    Each Naarethi household (city) is ruled by a religious figure known as a Matriarch, whose use of Atramental drugs and technarcane orthoses allow her to bear up to half-a-dozen children in one pregnancy over an accelerated gestation of just five-months, ensuring the continuation of the household. Male offspring become elite soldiers or slave overseers, whilst females are educated and become citizens, making them eligible to take part in the Rite of the Volute. Matriarchs assemble seasonally in Kaurnakar to discuss more important matters of state with the Arch Matriarch and Hierodules.

__________________________________________________ ______
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 07-25-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Edit: I updated the files as 2 of them had pretty big errors