Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Margravate of Greifshold - Graveyard regional map

Default The Margravate of Greifshold - Graveyard regional map

I shared some early WIP's of this small map before, but today I was able to finish the initial sketching on a long train trip.

Inking and refining is next. I also need to add the legend and frame.

There are six places of interest:

1. The burned out ruins of a house that served as an inn during times of war for armies passing through.

2. The camp side of a seer and fortune teller.

3. The statue of a lord that fell during the battle of Blood Fjord

4. An old chapel.

5. Ancient caves used by the indigenous tribes to bury their dead.

6. A clearing known as Fey Ward among locals.

I may add more, but for now this seems enough for a few adventure hooks and encounters.

C&C welcome.

Edit: Better pic uploaded.

Cheers

Chris

Last edited by DaggerAndBrush; 08-17-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Sorry that's a terrible blurry image. If you're on Android personally I use the app Camscanner, it's good for producing sharp scans from the camera.

You are correct, it looked reasonable on the small thumbnail and my phone preview.

I used CamScanner as suggested and updated the pic. I hope this is better now. Normally I scan stuff, but on the go the CamScanner may be the way to go.

Thank you for pointing this out, no point in showing stuff if you can't see anything.

Cheers

Chris

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Inking is progressing nicely. I still need to add the raven and detail the clearing.

Next up: Colorising and shading the drawing. I got some sepia brush pens and think I will use them on the physical version. Colour I will add digitally.

Inking of the graveyard map is finally finished. The raven and vines took longer than expected. Next up colorising the map to add definition and depth.

It's really charming, Dagger ! How will you color it ? Colored pencils, watercolor, digitally ?

Thank you, glad you like it. I thought of water based sepia brush pens and also digitally. The brush pens will be a first, but may lead to a very atmospheric map. The digital colorisation will follow my earlier Greifshold map closely to achieve cohesiveness in style and color choices.

Aaah, this will be interesting to see ! *take a seat and start eating pop-corn* ^_^

Guild Apprentice

Exellent! And the leafs-border is amazing! But you could still improve calligraphy (no offense, I have a problem with that too).

Thank you for commenting.

I, too, am not that happy with the calligraphy. I may redo it and add a better version of the text digitally at a later stage.

I may need to read up on some techniques, maybe even make my own font.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast