Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The City of Melekhir

Thanks for the comments, Wingshaw. The flat roofed bldg is owned by a rich and powerful individual. His wealth and power are probably of less than legitimate origin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The City of Melekhir 8.34.PNG 
Views:	49 
Size:	8.18 MB 
ID:	110625

Completed a couple of blocks on the NE side of the main road headed toward the palace. This is High Street. The main street heading ENE off the map is Broad Street.

Added canal that is fed of the large lake through a gate. The water level of the lake is significantly higher than that of the canal.

Added a flat roofed building with a pool on on the second level. There's nothing like watching the chariot races on your flat screen while soaking in the pool.

The large blue complex is an inn. It is located at the intersection of the two main roads and attracts a lot business. Most of the blue buildings on the map are inns or taverns.

Name:	The City of Melekhir 8.35.PNG 
Views:	49 
Size:	7.84 MB 
ID:	110636

Added some buildings on the north side of the Old Market Square. To the north of them is an old gate and section of wall the dates prior to the city's expansion during the reign of King Melek.

Name:	The City of Melekhir 8.41.PNG 
Views:	48 
Size:	7.70 MB 
ID:	110643

Labeled Districts and some roads. This is temp lettering for my reference. I will do the final lettering in PS, not in CC3+. PS offers more flexibility and CC3+ has issues with spacing letters consistently when doing text-along-a-curve. I like the way of laying out text along a curve (path) in CC3+ better than PS, but the spacing issues nullify its advantages.

Name:	The City of Melekhir 8.41a.PNG 
Views:	50 
Size:	8.33 MB 
ID:	110676

Extended canal so it reaches the Old Market Square. Completed West Lake District to where the old city wall was (the road marks the old boundary). Added old gate on Broad Street and section of old wall that still stands as the western boundary for the Lake Park.

Name:	The City of Melekhir 8.42.PNG 
Views:	27 
Size:	3.11 MB 
ID:	110721

Added some buildings in the area north of the Old Market Square and the old gate and section of old city wall. Progress on this map has slowed a bit as I concentrate more of my effort on the Mountain Village (for now). I ping-pong back and forth between maps. The process for each is so much different. I get enough of one and jump to the other for a different experience.

Hey Texas Jake!
    The canals and many (semi-)hidden courtyards remind me a lot of Utrecht, where I was born. Take a look at the satellite 3D map. It might inspire you. (I live nearby and visit often, so if you want me to take some reference pictures next time I can )
    I have a deviantART and an Instagram! Shiny

Thanks for the link, Rochan. I think I will try to duplicate a few of the building clusters.

Name:	The City of Melekhir 9.0.PNG 
Views:	40 
Size:	8.89 MB 
ID:	110784

Added some buildings along north side of canal north of the Old Market Square that were inspired by Utrecht. I am having issues with the map. I am not sure if I am reaching system limits or software limits, but CC3+ is locking up on me for lengthening periods of time while it sputters—sometimes fatally. I may have to break this map up into sections (which I would rather not if I can help it). I am well overdue for a system upgrade. I am running a MB and i7 950 with 8GB of RAM from 2012 that was handed down to me from my son after my laptop died about a year ago. An upgrade is on the horizon.

I doubt it's the CPU causing the problem for you. It might be the memory and it uses DDR3 which shouldn't be too expensive comparatively, though then the question is if you want to sink money into a system which won't be too useful for a future build or just save for the future build. It could also just be the program. Mouse used CC3+ extensively and I think she managed it just by keeping most of the layers off except the ones she was working on (though this could also be my faulty memory).

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast