Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The City of Melekhir

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The City of Melekhir 1d.PNG 
Views:	169 
Size:	7.65 MB 
ID:	109741

I am starting a map of another city and revising my mapping process. I am using CC3+ and the houses from Bitmap style B. I made a background in SketchBook combining several different parchment/old paper images and drew the cliffs for the hill the palace sits on on the south side of the city. I would like to sketch out some additional hills on the background. One in the north center area of the map, one on the northwest side on the map, one on the southwest side of the map, and another possibly in the southeast corner. We will see how that progresses. I am pleased with how the cliffs came out. They are far from perfect, but a big step forward for me. All the beautiful maps on this site have challenged me to keep improving.

Melekhir is the capital of Elandia and is a city with almost 1000 years of history. I have started laying out the street network. The large paved area is the market square. Just north of that on the island with grass (it is an artificial island created by the canal and mill pond) is a water mill which grinds grain into flour. The road running north-south on the west side of the map is the Old Highway which is even older than the city.
    Last edited by Texas Jake; 08-27-2018 at 10:33 PM.