Thank you for the reply, Wingshaw.

I have been re-looking at old maps and at present day Rothenburg as I consider how I want to revise and proceed with my map. My courtyards tend to be larger than what I am seeing in Rothenburg, though some of the old maps have larger courtyard spaces comparable to my map. My layout tends toward order more than the loosely-ordered, chaotic nature I am seeing in most cities. Form my study of maps, I see a pattern of the inclusion of farming land inside the walls along the perimeter of many walled cities. This seems to becomes less common as we approach the 1700s.

Where I am in my thought process:
-Even though the city is relatively old, it is far from at the end stages of urbanization. The massive expansion during the reign of King Melek and wars and plagues that have kept population growth in check have prevented the city from reaching the crowding levels of cities like Jerusalem or London in the later stages of the middle ages.
-I plan on tweaking what I have done to add a little more chaotic nature to the construction and replace some of the single family/lower class housing with multifamily structures. The slum areas will be a mix of single and multi-family units with the majority being the larger buildings. I also want to insert a major dose of chaos into the layout of these areas, retaining more of a sense of order in the more upscale districts.
-I am still considering how and to what degree the influence of King Melek had on the development of the city. The fire that destroyed much of the city had a great impact on him. He was fourteen years old at the time and very impressionable combined with the uninhibited nature of youth which caused him to consider and do things that an older, King would not. Much of the city was rebuilt and he closely monitored this rebuilding. He was determined to do all he could to prevent another such calamity. This certainly would influence how the city developed during his long (close to 100 year) reign in the early-middle period of the city.