Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** September Challenge - Stairway to Heaven ***

Post *** September Challenge - Stairway to Heaven ***

Hello Guilders,

This month challenge, I'm gonna echoing a past challenge from April 2014 named "highway to hell", but reversed.
    The idea is to map some ideal place, paradise or eden.
    Sounds like a great challenge, even for a cartographer turned god for a moment, doesn't it? Whether you choose to depict a classic christian paradise, some nordic feasting hall of Valhalla, greek elysean fields or pardes, the city of Luz or imagine what could be the paradise in a fictional world, let's the demiurge inside you inspire your work!

As always, please include the following in your entry threads:

Title each new thread September 2018 Entry - <your title>

Precede each WIP image with the tag ### Latest WIP ###.

The challenge will probably the 1st of October, and the winner will receive a flock of new faithfuls, ermmm... well...sorry, 1 golden compass, and the praise of his peers!

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

A stairway to heaven ? Wait... I'm in, and I'm done https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=41712

By Tenia
    A stairway to heaven ? Wait... I'm in, and I'm done https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=41712
    Oh my!
    I thougt it would be a good counterpart to the past challenge's title... and this is the name that came to my mind. You must had an infuence on this, Tenia!
    Leave my brain !

Joke aside :
    1) I loved that map you did.
    2) You're welcome in this challenge!

Oh Ilanthar! I've just imagined a wonderful map for this, but it so big I can't draw it on my poxy machine!

I'm beaming it to you by faith radio!

This challenge sounds great! I'd really like to enter...but I have just started a new degree and will have zero time available for, hmm, probably about 2 years

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

@Mouse : I hope we'll be able to see it someday!
    @Wingshaw : yeah, I probably won't be able to enter too... I'm just to busy this month.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Camelot would count as an ideal place, right? The climate's perfect all the year, the rain may never fall til after sundown, etc. I hear that there's simply not a more congenial spot for happy-ever-aftering...

By Aeshnidae
    Camelot would count as an ideal place, right? The climate's perfect all the year, the rain may never fall til after sundown, etc. I hear that there's simply not a more congenial spot for happy-ever-aftering...
    Certainly could work! Go !

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Certainly could work! Go !
    6 days later, I finally had a free day to watch football and work on my map!

I really wanted to join in this one. I like the theme.
    But, i have zero time. :/ It's too bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast