Thread: Lift building for The Village of Kopfarr

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Few new updates. First off, got rid of the buttresses because once I saw the bug I could not unsee it, creeped me out with a dwarf face. Set the stairs in the left wall to add more room. Added stairs leading up into the dwarfs head guards room and added a weapons table and other elements. Theres now a pulley system to unload crates in 2nd level storage area. The cliff side is temporarily, it came from another map of mine and I really need to rework it.

Still working on the lift mechanism, so far what I have worked out is that there are two wheels at top of the map nearest to the wagon, those when turned (they look like ship steering wheels), will open gates down below that allow the water to then turn the water wheels that lift the lift cage. I need to build some sort of breaking mechanism for this. The water wheels also have wheels with handles (same as the others), so that they can be manually turned if needed. So when this is all working, water rushes through the gates turning the water wheels which will gather the chains on large wooden spools/reels. From the spools the chain travel up to wooden wheels on the second floor, here they split to four more wheels which are located above the four corners of the lift cage.

I'm still considering the suggestion from Falconius with the overshot waterwheels. What I would do then is just drop the water wheels lower down which would allow the water from the gates to go overtop instead of underneath. I'm also considering making a simple isometric map that explains the process more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 2.42.30 PM.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	110263
    Last edited by Boslok; 09-19-2018 at 03:31 PM.