Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Priestess Nekhbet Pyramid (personal project)

Default Priestess Nekhbet Pyramid (personal project)

New custom dungeon, but this time coloured. I have been doing too much B&W lately and missed to splash some colours here and there

I am not good at talking, so I just leave you with the map. Comment, critique as always appreciate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nekhbet Pyramid_CG.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	1,014.3 KB 
ID:	109956
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

It looks like an interesting place to die horribly.

I like the way you have managed to get the irregular rooms and passageways to fit into the overall square shape.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Very cool, I like the way you incorporated multiple levels in to one map.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    It looks like an interesting place to die horribly.
    Lol, that is one of the most unexpected respone to the map i ever had

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I like the way you have managed to get the irregular rooms and passageways to fit into the overall square shape.
    Thanks. After i did the initial layout of the map it was not so hard to make the rooms, i just filled the blank places with some random rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Very cool, I like the way you incorporated multiple levels in to one map.
    Thanks Bogie, I like to have one map with all levels (or at least as much as i can fit).
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

This looks really amazing, both the map itself and the general layout. It's easy to imagine all sort of adventures, treasures and traps in those countless rooms. And yes. horrible deaths ^^
    To be super picky, the only one thig who bother me is about the side view : my eye can't catch the volume of the pyramid, I just have the feeling of a triangular vertical wall if it makes sense. However, I don't have any clue about how to change this. Maybe some kind of dirt at the foot of every level, and/or a super soft atmospheric perspective ?

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    This looks really amazing, both the map itself and the general layout. It's easy to imagine all sort of adventures, treasures and traps in those countless rooms. And yes. horrible deaths ^^
    To be super picky, the only one thig who bother me is about the side view : my eye can't catch the volume of the pyramid, I just have the feeling of a triangular vertical wall if it makes sense. However, I don't have any clue about how to change this. Maybe some kind of dirt at the foot of every level, and/or a super soft atmospheric perspective ?
    Well, i guess that is the problem with this kind of "perspective" and light source. It would probably look better with some additional shadows. I have to look for some references next time when i will do this kind of side view. Thank you very much Misty.
    New Horizons

Support:

I just love that this is made in color... B/W maps such as this have a nasty habit of becoming a blurr in my eyes, but this is just the proof that the problem goes away with just a little of added color. The lineart is yet again just brilliant, and I like the layout of the thing. I can just imagine being lost in this thing and never finding my way out...

Edit: can't seem to be able to rep you right now, sadly.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks Kelleri. I don't think i experienced same thing like you with the blurriness of the map, but i am glad this one looks sharp enough
    New Horizons

Support:

Great map, once again Rafal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast