Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maps and Deck Plans for Rogue's Run One-Shot for Starfinder

I use Xara Designer Pro, a vector drawing program like Illustrator, though it's lite version Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 365 ($49) can do this too - that's what I use to create the interior deck plans, and Hvergelmir as well. I otherwise use Wings 3D, a subdivisional surface modeler to create the models, exported as Wavefront OBJ format, imported the Poser 11 for rendering, only because it's fast. Then finish everything in Xara.

Here's an illustration, also done in Wings 3D, Poser 11, then finished in Xara, as a monster encounter in the adventure module - a Star Eater, this thing eats stellar plasma, but has a hankerin' for purfied starship plasma. The plasma it eats it can beam from it's mouth like a laser weapon and propel itself through space. It is found in a particularly empty of stars region of space, presumably this thing is eating those stars. There are also two massive black holes, also believed to have been created by this creature.

GPClick image for larger version. 

Name:	sister-maker.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	110292
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Here's a Hellgate, another illustration I needed to make, basically a portal made as a deal with a devil. All who pass through this wormhole loses 1 HP, then must make a Fortitude Save DC25 or permanently lose the hit point.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hellgate.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	110332
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Looks like Trevor Gulliver (my other author) was going to ask me to do a Hellgate illustration then he noticed I already did. His ship isn't using it, it's just described as they pass by and it's being used, so here's my version of that for his project. Trevor invented the Hellgate...

GP

Name:	hellgate-side.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	110336
    DrivethruRPG store

So I'm trying to wrap up the extended one-shot module I'm currently writing for publication, Rogue's Run, but I needed a planet map and globe view for where the adventure starts. Just finished it and adding it to final page layout. It's a frozen world in great elliptical orbit with 5 years of winter, followed by 1 year of spring/summer/fall. The planet is Nifliheim, named after the Nordic hell.. enjoy!

GP

Name:	nifliheim-planet.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	110692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nifliheim-globe.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	110693
    DrivethruRPG store

The following is the map of Rogue's Run, a smuggler's route no longer used, but the PCs in the module are forced to use to bypass a blockade to their destination. Also a hex map upon exiting the Hellgate wormhole where a corporate mine-laying vessel is creating a minefield that the PCs must negotiate to avoid triggering a mine, but will be subsequently shot at by the corporate mine layer itself. Enjoy!

GP

Name:	rogues-run-map.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	110735 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mine-field.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	110736
    DrivethruRPG store

Finally, finished writing the module, making all the maps. I just have to stat up 2 NPCs and I'm done with Rogue's Run. Though I posted one version of Port Carthage Asteroid Station, I redid the maps as a more underground tunnel system city, instead of a rectangular city stuck into a cubical void in an asteroid. I like it better. Instead of creating interior spaces shown, I did it more like buildings like a city map. Enjoy!

GP

Name:	carthage-upper-cg.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	5.71 MB 
ID:	110796Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carthage-new-lower-cg.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	4.81 MB 
ID:	110797
    DrivethruRPG store

Just completed the module, maps and uploaded to DrivethruRPG for $5.99

GP

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110823[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rogues-run.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	259.2 KB 
ID:	110823  
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12