Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Elemental Realm of Honimris

Map The Elemental Realm of Honimris

In order to not delay it too long, this is the finished version of my July Challenge entry.
    I experimented a few things with the colors, trying to match the description :

"Honimris, an elemental realm of silver mountains and copper forests. The realm is primarily populated by basilisks and earth elementals".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honimris v3.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	9.38 MB 
ID:	110075
    Hope you'll like it!

Beautiful job ! Chapeau Julien

A superb work ! I especially love the smaller details : the towns, the bridge, the cliffs (is that Etretat ? ^_^), and the border, of course ! And that dragon in the mountains... and the compass... and... well... great job ^^

By ThomasR
    Beautiful job ! Chapeau Julien
    Merci !

By MistyBeee
    A superb work ! I especially love the smaller details : the towns, the bridge, the cliffs (is that Etretat ? ^_^), and the border, of course ! And that dragon in the mountains... and the compass... and... well... great job ^^
    Merci !
    And yup, a bit of Etretat here.

Cool map!
    It's fun to search for all the little details
    Cartography by Matthias Rothenaicher. Portfolio: Website | DeviantArt

Very nice work on the illustrations Ilanthar. As others have mentioned there are lots of nice details sprinkled throughout the map. If I had one piece of constructive criticism to offer it would be that I think the map would have benefited from a bit more rendering of light and shadow. Great stuff though.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

The details are on this are amazing! I love all of the little statues and creatures hidden in this picture.
    Twitter: @mirandaleiggi
    Instagram: mira_artstuff

By Mat_r
    Cool map!
    It's fun to search for all the little details
    Thanks, Matthias ! It's one of the - many - things I like in a map.

By Arsheesh
    Very nice work on the illustrations Ilanthar. As others have mentioned there are lots of nice details sprinkled throughout the map. If I had one piece of constructive criticism to offer it would be that I think the map would have benefited from a bit more rendering of light and shadow. Great stuff though.
    Thanks, Arsheesh ! Well, I tried to both win some time and experiment by doing shading with the colors. There is only a "classical" shading on the mountain. But yeah, I guess you're right and that it would look better with a more pronounced light/shadows.

By Mirandaleiggi
    The details are on this are amazing! I love all of the little statues and creatures hidden in this picture.
    Thanks, Miranda ! There are more or less hidden/well done, but I'm glad you like them.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Awesome map full of little details. Really a masterpiece, Ilanthar! I tried repping you but the Gods of Rep tell me I need to spread some around a bit. Will definitely come back!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

By Caenwyr
    Awesome map full of little details. Really a masterpiece, Ilanthar! I tried repping you but the Gods of Rep tell me I need to spread some around a bit. Will definitely come back!
    Thanks a lot, Caenwyr !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast