Thread: reddrawn classic Tomb of Horrors

Default reddrawn classic Tomb of Horrors

According to this site, Tomb of Horrors is the "undisputed king of D&D modules."
    https://nerdist.com/the-top-10-dunge...agons-modules/
    I am not sure if that is true, but it is certainly a classic, and there are of it maps available on-line, so I gave a shot at redrawing it.

Actually, I did this as practice last year, but this is the first time I have shown it to anyone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b94.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	110084
    I am sure I missed a few details, but I had lots of fun making it and just wanted to share it rather than have it sit on my computer and eventually be forgotten.

Here is the map it is based on:

Name:	b95.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	670.9 KB 
ID:	110085

Nice work!

Default Tomb of Horrors

Yes, nice work. Tomb of Horrors when I played it in about 1984 was brutal because it’s “save or die.” They may have nerfed it in more recent publications. It’s legendary for that reason. It’s kind of a foundational module for those interested in some of the original text. Some older players like it because it’s nostalgic for them, not necessarily because it was the best module around. Back then, with no internet, home brews were specific to your group. Now you can get great content in so many ways it’s an improvement over the early days.. Progress!

Nice work on the maps. That’ll be the last thing the PCs see before they die a hideous death in a spike trap: save or die!

Thanks for the compliments! I felt it was a shame to let it sit on my hard drive never showing it to anyone.

Default Interested in make my own dungeon maps.

Hi those maps look amazing, Could you tell me what program do you use to make them? Maybe Dundjinni? Or some one similar? I´m really interesting in creating my own maps for my rol games, specially those with futuristic scenery, like spaceships, corridors and doors. For example in dundjinni there aren´t any pack of images for futuristic scenery only a city pack to buy it.

For this I used Blender and Gimp. It is actually a 3d model. The main reason I use modeling is for easier lighting and shading. I have never used Dundjinni, although maybe I should take a look at it.

The textures are drawn in 2d top-down. I UV unwrap the model looking straight down, make a render as a guide, and then I paint over that.

Name:	c53.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	110544
    Here is the main texture and a clay render. Then I prefer to do the compositing in 2d, in either Gimp or PS. In this case just Gimp. i don't like compositing in Blender with all the nodes and spaghetti noodles.

Name:	c54.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	110545
    And this type of modeling is extremely simple.
    Last edited by Sam101; 09-29-2018 at 09:57 AM.

That 3d model looks super cool.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

I want to give this a try but I haven't ever used Blender. Honestly, there are so many cool tools out there I wish I had more time to play with them.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt