Thread: Rotterborg

Default Rotterborg

After seeing all the Merian engravings posted in this thread by Chlodowech I wanted to see if I could make something along those lines.

I traced over one of the engravings and then added in some colours to come up with this little town/city.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rotterborg.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	789.3 KB 
ID:	110401

Nice version of Krems on the river Danube

The church with the large tower still exists today btw, here's an image of it.

Nice ! If I had a nitpick, it would be about the lands & rivers being a bit too "simple". Some more details would be nice there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodowech View Post
    Nice version of Krems on the river Danube

The church with the large tower still exists today btw, here's an image of it.
    I should have expected you to be able to spot which of the engravings I based it on It's cool to see the clock tower still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Nice ! If I had a nitpick, it would be about the lands & rivers being a bit too "simple". Some more details would be nice there.
    Thanks Ilanthar. The area round the city is a bit bland because it got to the point where things like trees were either beyond my skill to draw with a mouse or the detail was too small. For the next time I do a cityscape like this I'm going to try to do more surrounding details.

This is not an easy perspective for sure, Qed, but you definitely nailed something here. Hope to see more of this in the future, maybe more detailed

Nice one, I would have loved a higher point of view but you show a great city here. A minor nitpick, a bit of shading would have made it pop out of hte screen

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    This is not an easy perspective for sure, Qed, but you definitely nailed something here. Hope to see more of this in the future, maybe more detailed
    Thanks MistyBeee!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Nice one, I would have loved a higher point of view but you show a great city here. A minor nitpick, a bit of shading would have made it pop out of hte screen
    Thanks Thomas. I have a complete lack of drawing ability so the line work was done tracing over an existing engraving, I think it might be beyond my super limited skill to attempt something like changing the point of view!

Very attractive map. Have to agree that a little more shading on the hills would have improved it, but I can understand your reasons for not doing that. It looks great anyway.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"