I hang my head in shame.. I just noticed these comments that I missed.
Sorry people. I've been far too busy this year.
Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
I saw this on FB and loved it there, but seeing it at a larger scale its even more handsome than I thought it was before

I very much admire your skill in drawing all these tiny little houses - each one as perfect and as carefully created as its neighbours!
Thank you Mouse
I like civil planning.. sort of.
Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
Well, as your usual with your cities, it's fantastic (I would love to see a colored version... but I know what you mean about not having enough time!!).
Thanks Ilanthar. It might see a colored version one day.. maybe. Even with some boats too.
Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
Yep, this is another superb city map. You never disappoint!

Wingshaw
Thanks George
Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
Great work. And railroad and caterpillar mountain brushes, you say...

Looking at those, actually, really drives home how huge the original version of that city map must be!
hehe, yeah, this was a big one. The larger size brings unseen challenges.
Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
Besides the outstanding art, what really makes your cities appart from all the others is their likelyness. You have some pretty shiny city planning skills And good to hear you blow a bit of steam, it's much needed
Thanks Thomas. I need to go hiking again soon.
Quote Originally Posted by qwalker View Post
Unbekievably Fantastic - an inspiration for me, as I get into doing huge cities. What is the population, and how do you calculate it - I ask because although I have developed a rule of thumb, I am always seeking refinements, or even a total rethink
I didn't determine population for this city, as it was cleint dictated.
I am not sure what it would be, but i would assume quite high.
Most buildings are multifloor, so possibly more extended family per building and in smaller rooms, so more rooms per building.
Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
Fantastic map and great details. I really wish the client had paid for colour. I'd love to see a coloured version.

Also, glad to hear you're out hiking. I feel there's something about getting away from urban areas and out into the countryside that's just good for the soul. I love it.
Thanks CP Yes, I totally agree. I am due for another natural recharge soon.