Hello everyone!

I have a running (personal) project where I draw mini maps of about 1000x1000 pixels every two or three days.
In each one I try to experiment with something new I can take with me into future maps.
And since I plan to make a lot of these I should probably post them all in one convenient place (and not swamp the fora with threads.)

So, here's the first one:

The Small Green Hut and the Tree

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mm - 24 9 2018 Heksenhut CG.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	929.3 KB 
ID:	110384

Doing this kind of timelapse was a lot of fun, especially imagining a story to go with the progression of the images. I wonder if you can come up with a good story for it
The hut itself is mostly based on bronze age architecture, with a little bit of scottish blackhouse sprinkled into its design.

The style is actually new for me, and disregards everything I normally like in a drawing: it's super loose, and perspective can be found...on the other side of the planet in another dimension XD The composition is also...just there. Doing nothing really.
Also, and very important, everything is super flat. I love painting interesting light. So I need to get creative to get moods.
One final thing of note: everything (the trees, the hut, the wicker fences) is made as a separate entity. I can reuse them infinitely. This is to allow me to focus on the subject without getting bogged up in technical details off illustrating. It also allows me to create super fast and stay in a flow. It's awesome! And now I understand why people enjoy map making programs this much

Thank you for reading, and enjoy my creations!