Thread: Elder Scrolls: Tamriel world map (finished)

Default Elder Scrolls: Tamriel world map (finished)

A client had us do our own interpretation of an Elder Scrolls map in a "Skyrim" fashion. Was a really fun project for me, as I'm a huge fan of the series and play it quite a lot. Critiques are always welcome. Hope you enjoy it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MapOfTamriel.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	3.37 MB 
ID:	110728

Hi Stoneflask Studio,

It shows that you had fun with it
    If I may critique: pay attention to the visual complexity/visual noise. Think line weight and amount of detail. To me it's a little off here, and if you get that balance right it can tie together everything on the map very elegantly. Hope that's helpful.
    I have a deviantART and an Instagram! Shiny

Good points made by Rochnan. Keep at it, you'll get there. You're certainly on the right track.

Always glad to see some Elder Scrolls love around here! I like the gentle muted colors you used on this.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochnan View Post
    Hi Stoneflask Studio,

It shows that you had fun with it
    If I may critique: pay attention to the visual complexity/visual noise. Think line weight and amount of detail. To me it's a little off here, and if you get that balance right it can tie together everything on the map very elegantly. Hope that's helpful.
    Critique is never a problem as long as it's done in a respective manner, such as yourself has done. So, what exactly do you think can help the noise? I can easily modify and update the map based upon it and see if it cleans up better. I really appreciate it and thank you.
    Last edited by Stoneflask Studio; 10-10-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Good points made by Rochnan. Keep at it, you'll get there. You're certainly on the right track.

Always glad to see some Elder Scrolls love around here! I like the gentle muted colors you used on this.
    Thank you, sir! I plan on staying with it and bringing way more pieces to life.

Hi Stoneflask Studio,
    I wanted to basically do a partial redraw of your map to illustrate alternatives for you...
    That was a bit too ambitious, but I still had all my notes in an image file so I hope you don't mind me sharing them like that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stoneflask Studio.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	110765

Some notes and links:
    I used the Futura condensed font, just like the Skyrim interface.
    The red I used was 0(Hue) 100%(Saturation) 50%(Brightness)
    Hesperides font
    EF Mediva font
    Planewalker font
    Viking font and friends
    I have a deviantART and an Instagram! Shiny

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

I've always wanted to know: what is the gist of Skyrim and what form of media is it in? Oh, great map, BTW.