Thread: What software to use for creating commercial quality hex and counter wargame maps?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

agreed that artwork and graphics should be the last thing done for a game, and its very helpful if all the playtesting has be finalized too so the artist doesnt have to go back and change things on the fly after the graphics are finished. I've worked with designers who seem to be developing the game on-the-fly as I made up graphics for it. Its was not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by timallen View Post
    agreed that artwork and graphics should be the last thing done for a game, and its very helpful if all the playtesting has be finalized too so the artist doesnt have to go back and change things on the fly after the graphics are finished. I've worked with designers who seem to be developing the game on-the-fly as I made up graphics for it. Its was not fun.
    Reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by timallen View Post
    I tend to have something in my contract about changes after certain phases are completed. Usually it just comes down to shuffling a few things around and me not really asking much in return. I should change that.

But more on topic: this really helps me out when working with hex tiles.
    I have a deviantART and an Instagram! Shiny