Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: October 2018 Challenge: Elantrie-Tebares

Default October 2018 Challenge: Elantrie-Tebares

Sorry, no idea what this is going to be called at the moment - just thought I'd get something up here to get the ball rolling!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	397.1 KB 
ID:	110833

...and yes, I know it's not quite level, it also needs to be scanned in much better, but I'll get to that presently.

Still not to sure whether it's going to be digitally coloured, or whether I'll branch out into an entirely new area and try something completely different...

Great start. I like the little tower. Looks just like the photo. I'm looking forward to seeing those insets getting filled.

Just let me know if you want the thread title updated with a name.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert

Looks great so far, I love the shape of the land and the general layout of the map, this banner is looking promising as well... I have high hopes for this one.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

This layout seems really fun. Can't wait to see where you go with it.
    Twitter: @mirandaleiggi
    Instagram: mira_artstuff

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

Anyway here's a small update. It's just small because I have realised that my scanner is absolutely rubbish (it almost went out of the window today - and my office is not on the ground floor!) and I will either need to sell the family siver or rob a bank to be able to afford a new one, or else take my linework (once complete) to a professional to get it scanned ( at least that shouldn't cost too much as it'll only be a single piece). The issue is that I live out in the stix, and am away on holiday for most of next week. Grrr!

In the meantime, any suggestions for the best (very) affordable A3 scanner out there that will do very detailed scanning? - probably could do with 800-1200dpi.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elantrie-Tebares.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	110857

Oh, yes, and could a CL please change my name from Placeholder to Elantrie-Tebares (Thanks ChickPea!)

Changed the title for you.

You're making great progress! I can't offer any advice about a scanner, but I assume you've tried a few things in your software to try to improve the quality? I'm sure there's a thread somewhere, maybe one of Torstan's old ones, about scanning (though I may be misremembering who wrote about it).
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I was hoping someone would do a nice big land with pictures like this I love what you've done so far!

I don't know about size or affordability but I have an Epson Perfection v600 (i think that's right, i'm away at the moment too) that is smaller than I'd like but works really well and has a great depth of field for when stuff isn't totally flat. Also have a combo unit with a larger scanner... it's an Epson Workforce but I couldn't tell you the model number right now... bought it new last year. It also does pretty great but the page has to be perfectly flat or it goes out of focus and grey. You might be able to look for software that is better and see if it'll work with your scanner. Also if you have a gamma or color or light setting, i can't recall the terminology, make sure it isn't too high. It's easy brighten something in editing software but hard/impossible to get back detail that's been blown out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast