Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: October '18 Challenge: Benintendai Townhouse on Marano Lane

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Taking some good advice from bkh1914 and Texas Jake I fixed the windows and added building shadows plus I added a title bar.
    Glad I could help. It is looking really good. Keep up the good mapping.

OK, I climbed up onto the roof, stealthily crept across the tiles without hardly making a thump with my wooden leg, gracefully dropped like a drunken stone into the fountain and what do I find? Some rotter has fastened the windows closed. My visit to the lady's room scuppered I managed to get into the workshop and repaired my now broken wooden stump.

Great update Bogie
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Looking great!

@Straf: your story had me laughing. Thanks.

Thanks everyone!

Straf, I don't care what happened my homeowner's insurance is not going to pay for a new wooden leg for you!

Really nice layout and just the right amount of details Bogie I wonder would a stairs to a dormer level or attic add to it? I may have missed one in there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Weery View Post
    Really nice layout and just the right amount of details Bogie I wonder would a stairs to a dormer level or attic add to it? I may have missed one in there though.
    Thanks Weery, glad you like it. I pictured this as a 1 story building so I didn't include stairs. There probably would be an attic and / or a basement so stairs would certainly be possible.

It looks really good, Bogie. I think this is one of my favourites of your maps

The one thing that bothers me a little: the shadow of the building is very dark and very dense, and yet the internal walls have a much smaller and much more subtle shadow. To me, it makes the whole building look like it's floating above the ground.

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

It's so much fun to wander through your maps! The piano is beautiful, nice work on that.

From my perspective, it doesn't look like the building is floating, but I understand why Wingshaw sees it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    It looks really good, Bogie. I think this is one of my favourites of your maps
    The one thing that bothers me a little: the shadow of the building is very dark and very dense, and yet the internal walls have a much smaller and much more subtle shadow. To me, it makes the whole building look like it's floating above the ground.
    Wingshaw
    Thanks Wingshaw, glad you like it so much! I planned the external shadow as a bright sun at either 9am or 3pm but the sun wouldn't be as much a factor on the internal wall shadows, so I just left them as the small shadows created by the program primarily to give the walls some height.

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    It's so much fun to wander through your maps! The piano is beautiful, nice work on that.
    Thanks aeshnidae, I wish my players would take the time to explore the maps, they usually just want to rush in and fight whatever is in there. The piano is beautiful, but I can't take much credit for it as it was created by someone else at Dundjinni Forums. I created about 75% of the the textures and objects in this map but not all of them.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Thanks aeshnidae, I wish my players would take the time to explore the maps, they usually just want to rush in and fight whatever is in there.
    I feel your pain! I love making maps and props and my players are like, "oh neat!" and then don't actually use the plot-relevant stuff I've spent time making.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast