Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October 2018 Challenge - Ascerin

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    I'm actually really impressed by the sea. I've always found it extremely difficult to get the color even, while being precise with the coast. Kudos on that, and honestly everything else as well. The leaves are gorgeous on the border; your trees look like trees. I'm not sure that many folks understand how bloody difficult precision is with watercolors.
    Thank you Gidde! The sea is a stressful part of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    I find it really nice. People who can draw and paint without CTRL-Z have my utmost respect. This map has a unique style to it. The trees are wonderful and the insets perfectly portray the whole theme of this challenge in a way that fits the map.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weery View Post
    I actually think it's great MMM and second what has been said about these challenges being a means to learn. You've succeeded in all goals! Great job.

Really like the little pine trees btw
    Thanks! Yeah, I've definitely learnt a lot over the challenges i joined here.

Guild Journeyer

Yeah I think the colours are gorgeous and don't even get me started on the borders/leafwork eugh, so nice. I think there's a wonderful coherency to the whole project.

I think it looks great. I'm particularly smitten with the top and bottom border. Someone said it has a charm about it, and it does, I can't quite put my finger on why, but it just looks... authentic? Like it could have been published in a book in 1820. I don't know what I'm trying to say, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JsinOwl View Post
    I think it looks great. I'm particularly smitten with the top and bottom border. Someone said it has a charm about it, and it does, I can't quite put my finger on why, but it just looks... authentic? Like it could have been published in a book in 1820. I don't know what I'm trying to say, but I like it.
    Thank you JsinOwl,! I'm glad you like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samstego View Post
    Yeah I think the colours are gorgeous and don't even get me started on the borders/leafwork eugh, so nice. I think there's a wonderful coherency to the whole project.
    Thanks!

Wonderful work! If you have a chance to fix the border that would really help sell it as a finished product.

Yeah, I might do that if I don't forget! And thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12