Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October 2018 Challenge - Galvanised

Default October 2018 Challenge - Galvanised

Hey all,

Here's my WIP thread for this challenge. I know photo-bashing isn't everyone's cup of tea but it's a good, quick creative outlet for me and as this is a photo based challenge I thought, 'Do it!'

So, full disclosure, I don't yet know where I'm going with this. I gave myself the added restriction of only using photos from the site hosting those presented by CP. I decided on using the images as tattoos to create a map so searched for a male or female body (front or back) to give me enough space to make an interesting arrangement.

I eventually settled on this man as he is almost an exact body double for myself (that last line's not true I'm afraid).

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shrawan-kalyan-341051-unsplash.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	628.7 KB 
ID:	110936

I'm still messing around with layout, tones and values, labels and such. It's no where near final. And I don't even know what final will look like yet. This might be one of those maps that I finish and think, 'yeah, that's not good enough to post Damien, don't do it.' But I guess we'll find out I'm sure if I get something finished it will contain a narrative to explain why this fellow has had a map tattooed on his torso.

Feedback always welcome and listened to
    Weery

More rough layout and colouring, labels and concept work.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Galvanised.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	646.4 KB 
ID:	110944

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Such a cool idea. It's very Memento.

I like when people explore different media and styles for the CG challenges. And those cool labels are really fitting for the inks

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Such a cool idea. It's very Memento.
    Thanks so much for the support Gidde

Quote Originally Posted by Shall Teclex View Post
    I like when people explore different media and styles for the CG challenges. And those cool labels are really fitting for the inks
    Thanks Shall, I'm curious myself to see where I go with it The challenges are great for experimenting and blowing off some creative steam.

Mind = Blown

Wow, this is such an imaginative idea!! Possibly the most creative thing I've seen in a challenge in a while. Great start!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Hehehe very original Weery. Does the model have LOVE and HAT tattooed on his fingers? (he lost one finger in an industrial accident)
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JsinOwl View Post
    Mind = Blown

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Wow, this is such an imaginative idea!! Possibly the most creative thing I've seen in a challenge in a while. Great start!
    Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Hehehe very original Weery. Does the model have LOVE and HAT tattooed on his fingers? (he lost one finger in an industrial accident)
    Thanks so much everyone I might tattoo his remaining fingers just for you Straf!

Here's the latest update. I searched for something to give him to hold from Unsplash. It was difficult but I eventually stole this Hanso sword for him.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Galvanised.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	644.4 KB 
ID:	110996

Maybe I can work a bit more with its proportions and values. I have a clearer end point in mind now though

The sword is cool, but I'm not sure it works with everything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast