Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October 2018 Challenge: Vandar by Jaxilon

Default October 2018 Challenge: Vandar by Jaxilon

I know it's last minute but this was from a sketch I made while waiting on work items to process. I wasn't going to enter mainly because I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it up but if I post this I will probably give it a good try.

There are a number of items from the photos wrapped into this but how well I pull them off? I expect another iteration at some point since this is a location to fit into my RPG world.

So, I always tell others more the merrier and we'll see how it turns out when I get to work on it more tonight. A bout of insomnia would come in handy about now

Vandar is built along a narrow strip of land connecting two continents. It's base rests alongside a lake entering the sea to the west as the city climbs the cliff-wall to summit the peak. There are a number of passages entering and exiting the cliffs along the route as well as a waterfall cascading into the lake. A lighthouse stands indicating safe harbor to seafaring vessels. Vandar is known as the city of knowledge and miracles as it is the seat of technological wisdom, although, there may be more at work as well.

Here's the sketch. I hope to finish it for the challenge but I think I'll have to take another crack at it before it'll be exactly what I want for my RPG.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	October Challenge - Vandar by Jaxilon.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	111113  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

What a neat concept Jax I'm glad you threw your hat in the ring.

Oh man, that's awesome.

Welcome to the challenge, Jax! Glad you decided to take the plunge and join in. Your sketch is fantastic. I have to warn you however that there's less than 24 hours before I lock the threads!! Happy sketching!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert

I’m so glad you entered this, I just love it, really nice.

Thanks guys. I spent most of my night painting it all. I can't find my darn pens however as I plan to redo the linework which will give it a different look than my usual style... Haha, as if I have a "usual" being absent as much as I have been.
    Anyway, my pens are still packed on account of our house not being built but I think I know where they are. In the morning I'll see if I can find them and finish.

You did say 9pm UK, right? I think that gives me the morning still. If not, I'll just rant and rage at the unfairness and tear up my drawing never thinking how I left it to the last minute so really it's my own fault. Nope, it'll totally be chickpea for her rabid thread locking action.

I'm going to do my best to get it done.

Aha, you are 5 hours ahead of me. I can sleep
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 10-31-2018 at 12:13 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Had to reinstall my scanner cuz it wasn't working...so here we are after painting. Hopefully I'll get to re-ink it tomorrow.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vandar by Jaxilon p2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	599.4 KB 
ID:	111129  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

That looks fantastic, Jax! Not bad at all for the product of procrastination

You're cartography fu is strong to do something so splendid in so little time.

Impressive sketch! Hope you get it done!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast