Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: November 2018 Challenge: The Charge of Sir Arthur Bryne

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

MOAR TREES!

I adjusted the distances and added some icebergs in the north sea. The path and legend are mostly for me at this point. Still lots and lots to do. Including, sadly, more trees.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Charge of Arthur Bryne v2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	111363

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ottehcnor's Avatar

I really like the style you're using, and I always have been partial to maps of movement and battles. I look forward to seeing what else you will include.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottehcnor View Post
    I really like the style you're using, and I always have been partial to maps of movement and battles. I look forward to seeing what else you will include.
    Thank you, Ottehcnor! Once I finish up the landscape and add some color, I'll start working on town and city icons and figure out how to best incorporate the story itself. I'm still interested in doing a ribbon map, but I think that may have to wait because I like showing the full region.

This is really lovely Aesh. And I've just listened to the theme for Gilligan's Island for the first time so thanks for that also

Looking forward to seeing more of your map!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Roflmao. I got in (mock) trouble with the husband for telling him about this and letting him read the song. "Dammit now the Gilligan's island theme is stuck in my head!"

Quote Originally Posted by Weery View Post
    This is really lovely Aesh. And I've just listened to the theme for Gilligan's Island for the first time so thanks for that also

Looking forward to seeing more of your map!
    I can't believe you've not heard it before! I grew up on re-runs of it. That was back in the day when we had 3 channels, though, so we watched what was on! See below for the new and improved map!

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Roflmao. I got in (mock) trouble with the husband for telling him about this and letting him read the song. "Dammit now the Gilligan's island theme is stuck in my head!"
    "....a three-hour tour, a three-hour tour." My apologies to your hubby. The players in my D&D group would alternate between complaining that Gilligan's Island was stuck in their heads and having their PCs drunkenly sing the Charge of Arthur Bryne. I realize now that I should set more game-relevant information to sticky TV theme songs. My players would actually remember the stuff they need to know!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Charge of Arthur Bryne v3 (sm).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	4.56 MB 
ID:	111381

You had 3 channels growing up? Luxury!

This is looking great on the book now, too. It's got a lot of character in it. Slightly protruding lines to be chopped off on the right hand side. Loving it and looking forward to seeing more, to seeing more...

Darn, I meant to chop off the protruding lines before posting this WIP. Gotta remember to do that next time.

The trees are placed and colored. I still need to shade them but finishing the line work and coloring the trees took me 2.5 American football games, plus some pre-game stuff.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Charge of Arthur Bryne v4 (sm).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	4.42 MB 
ID:	111403

Trees are the gift that keeps on giving! I've shaded all of the green deciduous trees and the southern pine trees. Still have those two huge swaths of northern pines to shade, along with the colorful trees (that's Fey territory). I need to play around with the color of the north sea - I want to show that it's colder but I'm not sure I'll stick with this color.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Charge of Arthur Bryne v5 (sm).jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	4.26 MB 
ID:	111444

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast