Thread: World Map - Akossi (working title)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip World Map - Akossi (working title)

Hello, Cartographers' Guild! I have barely posted on here at all but I decided to upload some of the progress I've made in creating a global map for a long-term worldbuilding project I'm working on, which as of now is called Akossi. The name’s temporary because I haven’t worked out nearly enough of the various languages I plan to make. The world will be home to three intelligent species, and its flora and fauna will resemble that of Earth’s, but with several different yet realistic features. The world will also possess magic, and I’m working to create a unique magic system. I'll attach some maps that show where I am now (creating a rough elevation map). Please critique and ask questions if you have the time! I'd like for my conworld to be fairly realistic, so don't hesitate to point out things that don't really look right. Right now I'm primarily concerned with the polar caps; if anyone has any info on how they form or how they should look, please let me know or direct me to a thread about it. The next updates (when I have time) will probably be fine-tuning the elevation map, figuring out wind and ocean currents, and eventually creating a climate map. Thanks, and enjoy!

Just elevation:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cg ask-post.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	111286

Without Southern Polar Sheet elevation:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cg ask-post img 2.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	111287
    Last edited by Clemence; 11-10-2018 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Not enough background info in the first draft.