11 34.38%
  • Granpatagon Island by renanosc

12 37.50%
  • Island of Nowhere by Tenia

16 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oct / Nov '18 Lite Challenge: Finish Mapping this Island VOTING TIME

Question Oct / Nov '18 Lite Challenge: Finish Mapping this Island VOTING TIME

Oct / Nov '18 Lite Challenge: Finish Mapping this Island

This month's Challenge was to create a map using the island shape that I posted.

We have 8 great entries for you to vote on. That's twice as many as last month and EVERYONE finished on time!!

Check out the Thumbnails of all these entries, but don't forget to click on each one so you can see them at full size.

CLICK HERE for Challenge Thumbnails & Large maps

Be Sure to Check The Full Size Maps, don't just look at the thumbnails.

We have 8 entries and you can vote for as many or as few as you like.
    Fantastic work everyone. Voting will be tough, there are 8 contenders here!

The voting will last for 3 days and the winner will receive a shiny silver compass!

Regardless of who you vote for, please don't forget to REP everyone you feel deserves it.

Great entries on this, kudos for everyone that finished! This has been the first challenge I took part and completed and it's been a blast. Thanks for hosting it, Bogie!

Also, while I'm here, might as well address this: is there a reason why almost every time I click on the links to challenge entry thumbnails (not just on this thread but every single challenge for as long as I can remember) the link opens but the forum also logs me out? Almost every time without fail I have log in again before I can actually see the thumbnail gallery, since I only get the "you must be logged in to view this page" message. Happens regardless of where I am or which browser I'm using. Not that it's that huge as far as inconveniences go, but it's still a bit irritating at times. Does this happen for everyone or is it just me?
    Last edited by Kellerica; 11-15-2018 at 06:35 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Plenty of really great entries this month but a clear favourite for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Great entries on this, kudos for everyone that finished! This has been the first challenge I took part and completed and it's been a blast. Thanks for hosting it, Bogie!

Also, while I'm here, might as well address this: is there a reason why almost every time I click on the links to challenge entry thumbnails (not just on this thread but every single challenge for as long as I can remember) the link opens but the forum also logs me out? Almost every time without fail I have log in again before I can actually see the thumbnail gallery, since I only get the "you must be logged in to view this page" message. Happens regardless of where I am or which browser I'm using. Not that it's that huge as far as inconveniences go, but it's still a bit irritating at times. Does this happen for everyone or is it just me?
    Well, it happens to me.
    Great work everyone! Really fun watching you all making progress - such different skill!

I'm sad I couldn't finish my map this month. Maybe I'll eventually do more work on it. Good job everyone! There were some really outstanding maps

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I don't know much about how Websites work, but I've never had that problem. The only thing I can think of is do you check the box labeled "Keep me logged in" when you log in? Maybe Robbie or one of the other Admins might know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I don't know much about how Websites work, but I've never had that problem. The only thing I can think of is do you check the box labeled "Keep me logged in" when you log in? Maybe Robbie or one of the other Admins might know the answer.
    I always have that checked, makes no difference. Like I said, it's not like it's a huge issue, it's just a bit strange.

Is it only on the challenges? If you click on a thumbnail in, say, a WIP entry it's fine? Does it happen if you go to the thumbnails via the challenge index?

When you click on the link in this (and other voting announcement threads) it opens a new window/tab. If it's just new tabs/windows that it happens with it makes me think that something is blocking the session ID cookie from being inherited by the new window. Do you have a browser extension that blocks tracking cookies? You may need to make exceptions for this site.
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

I never got time to even start something so kudos to everyone who at least made a thread. I didn't even get that far, although I may have hovered the cursor over the New Thread button.

It's going to be another tough decision again.
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Is it only on the challenges? If you click on a thumbnail in, say, a WIP entry it's fine? Does it happen if you go to the thumbnails via the challenge index?

When you click on the link in this (and other voting announcement threads) it opens a new window/tab. If it's just new tabs/windows that it happens with it makes me think that something is blocking the session ID cookie from being inherited by the new window. Do you have a browser extension that blocks tracking cookies? You may need to make exceptions for this site.
    Seems to happen on every thumbnail gallery, and regardless if it opens to link in a new tab or the same one. And I can open every other kind of post/thread/section in a new tab and it keeps me logged in just fine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast