Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Holy City of Soline

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I finally take some time to praise your wonderful work on this one. Not only is the elevation masterfully executed but the idea of using that classic legal (administratif en français) style which clashes a bit (but in a good way) with the elevation is pure genius. Tu passes ton temps à améliorer un style déjà génial, bravo Joël !
    Thanks a lot ! I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the mix of the legal style with elevation... As I wrote, my point was to go fast, so I used what I know best for elevation technique : swiss map, with altitude lines and shadows. It's that what you mean by mixing styles ?

I mean, I don't know if it's the shaded landscape or the general layout but something in your map screams "fantasy" while the contour lines, the way you did the buildings and ... heck, the shading too, says "IGN" or "carte d'état major". Two impressions that I did not imagine together and work wonders

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I mean, I don't know if it's the shaded landscape or the general layout but something in your map screams "fantasy" while the contour lines, the way you did the buildings and ... heck, the shading too, says "IGN" or "carte d'état major". Two impressions that I did not imagine together and work wonders
    I see what you mean. It's true that, as my wife needed this map quite quickly, I went for the style I know best, the "IGN" style that is so quickly comprehensible. I didn't look for "fantasy", but maybe the buildings on top of the hills are giving this "fantasy" touch ? They are all very specials...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123