Thread: Coffee and tea stain dungeoneering

Default Coffee and tea stain dungeoneering

After my recent experiments with tea and coffee mapping locations, I thought I give it a try with dungeon maps. The idea was to first apply a basecoat and then go back in again with super concentrated coffee to add contrast, details and outlines. The latter will follow tonight, but I made a start. Would love to see your own work with tea and coffee (if you ever uses it).

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Watercolors with different pigments Love it.

Thank you, glad you like the approach. I hope I get around working some more on it. In a way I would usually first draw the outlines, this technique is more random, but also quick and stops me from overthinking. I aim on posting an update tomorrow, but first have to finish some "Real World" work.

I worked some more on the map, but I am not too sure if I like the walls. The flagstones look good to me, but I feel the walls don't work with the top down perspective. I can't put my finger on it. C&C very welcome.

That said the coffee really adds a nice atmosphere and after this test piece is finished I will surely use it again.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk