Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, let's pair up!

11 100.00%
  • Nah, I'm better off alone.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Return of an oldie: Commission a Guilder

Very interesting idea. I would like to take a part in it also, but... don't know if i manage with time actually
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I've done this one twice and it was great both times. And yeah we did it as a two month challenge the last time because there can be a bit of back and forth as well as people getting into pairs which itself takes some time.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

When I get back from my 'semi-retirement'/family sh*t next year, this is a challenge I was going to run, probably in February. This is one that's probably good to announce in advance, so you've got plenty of time to think up a brief for your partner (just don't reveal it until the challenge actually begins!).

For those that are interested, start thinking now about what you want to commission from your partner, and feel free to talk amongst yourselves about partnering up.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    When I get back from my 'semi-retirement'/family sh*t next year, this is a challenge I was going to run, probably in February. This is one that's probably good to announce in advance, so you've got plenty of time to think up a brief for your partner (just don't reveal it until the challenge actually begins!).

For those that are interested, start thinking now about what you want to commission from your partner, and feel free to talk amongst yourselves about partnering up.
    I hope all is well with you D.
    Your absence is very much noticed and your presence all the more appreciated.

I remember doing this a long time ago and I thought it was great! I want to be in on this one. Just don't do it in March/April because I'm going to loose a month in there travelling and it'll take big chunks out of both those months. Hmmm, then again, I might take my cintiq with me....I just hate taking it on planes because they act like they don't know what it is and always want to go check it for drugs or something. So annoying! It's like, hey look, something we don't see every day and it looks expensive, let's jack with it. *sigh*
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 11-27-2018 at 11:11 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Who wins the compass though? The commissioner or the commissionee?
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post

YAY! This makes me so glad! I'll be sure to set some time aside.

I have to concur with J, and I'm sure we're not the only ones who miss having you around. I hope your skies will clear out soon!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Who wins the compass though? The commissioner or the commissionee?
    The voting is for the map so the person who makes the map wins.

I did one of these team up challenges with Jaxillon, and that map still gets a lot of attention.

Well, me and Daniel have already agreed to joining forces - I have some ideas to what kind of map I'm going to task him with. This is going to be fun! Thanks for asking me, Dan!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Yep, I remember seeing one of these running too! Would be a cool one to have a go at!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12