Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aelwydi

I love this sea and forests!
    Mb. make shadow on sea-land borders? or very soft blue color?
    Very strange look mountains in this style.
    Very good front effect on the sea, but it`s not good work with toponims. Mb land names will be delete texture under them?
    Dragon is awesome!
    I have idea about map boder. Mb break pattern on small parts, like interface vitrage style in game of paradox Crusader Kings 2?

I'm glad everyone likes the dragon but I'm struggling on a name for it. The current four contenders are: Stjornandi, Skelfing, Hoggormur, Hviturormur. I'm leaning away from the S ones as the landmass name already starts with an S. Any preferences?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strangur partc4.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	112692

Map wise I've made a few changes and added in mountains as well as starting to think about placements of settlements.

I don't know, Skelfing has a really nice ring to it in my opinion. The others are a bit too complex for my taste, Skelfing has a nice flow to it, and it rolls very naturally of the tongue (or mine, at least).

Nice work with the map too.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I don't know, Skelfing has a really nice ring to it in my opinion. The others are a bit too complex for my taste, Skelfing has a nice flow to it, and it rolls very naturally of the tongue (or mine, at least).

Nice work with the map too.
    You might have talked me back round on Skelfing now! I'm still a bit undecided though. For map purposes the dragon might end up unnamed for the time being.

It took me a while to come up with the names for the settlements on the map but I have now started labelling things. I'm trying out a different font for this map too.

Views:	53 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	112891

Because I have the attention span of a gold fish instead of working on the current map I've been thinking about the lore of Weitland from the previous map and it's different elector counts. So here is a prototype for the style of coat of arms there.

Name:	coat of arms.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	113016

I finally stopped procrastinating and here is an actual map update.

Views:	54 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	113518

I decided the compass was way too big and didn't really fit but I still think it might be missing something in the bottom left of the map. What do you all think might fit there?

Name:	strangur partc5.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	113823

Looking good ! Wish I found this thread earlier !

Perhaps you could fit in some sort of illustrated detail, like ships or seamonsters, or even a small city map in the corner like John Speed's maps. If not any of these, maybe name coastal features and all the bays, bites etc., that way you could push back the names of the sea to that corner and make it seem less empty.

Just some ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Rubikia View Post
    Looking good ! Wish I found this thread earlier !

Perhaps you could fit in some sort of illustrated detail, like ships or seamonsters, or even a small city map in the corner like John Speed's maps. If not any of these, maybe name coastal features and all the bays, bites etc., that way you could push back the names of the sea to that corner and make it seem less empty.

Just some ideas
    Thanks!

I tried drawing something to go in the corner in the style of a city but I couldn't get that to work how I want so I'm trying a sea monster. For no reason in particular I decided to call the monster Derek, so say hello to Derek everyone.

Name:	strangur partc5.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	113935

Unless there are any other suggestions I think this map might be done.

I have started working on the next continent.

Name:	machlud2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	710.0 KB 
ID:	114404

Known as Machlud by the elves this land is also known as the land of the eternal throne, the land beyond the petal sea or the land of warlords. I haven't decided what the locals call the continent but it's going to be China influenced in the central region which is nominally ruled by the eternal throne, something like Indian principalities to the south and the northern mountain range is home to the d&d style monastic orders of the world.

Humans, tabaxi and dragonborn are the most common races found on the continent but there is also the usual smattering of elves and half elves. I think the ruler that sits on the eternal throne is probably a half elf that claims their right to rule going back to survivors of the fallen elven empire.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast