Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Aelwydi

Think they both look good, but not sure about putting them together like that. The style change between the two versions is a bit overwhelming for me, but that's mostly a matter of personal taste, I think. Either way, definitely digging the monochrome portion/version. Very clean and readable. Great job on this, so here's a chew toy of rep.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Thanks Greason Wolfe.

Back to work on this there are two regions left to work on really, Deheuol which is a larger continent with a huge desert (probably) and Llaethod which is a collection of small islands.

Naturally as Deheuol will be more work I'm kicking that down the road and starting on Llaethod. Llaethod is where the minotaurs live, they are a race of slavers and pirates who grow a lot of spices on their islands. To start out with I've taken a bunch of islands from satellite photos and combined them together to give a base that looks like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Llaethod.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	340.3 KB 
ID:	115563

I haven't completely abandoned this one! I actually did some mapping work today as well as nudging along some lore stuff in the background.

Name:	Llaethod-p.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	115764

Brace yourself, an update is coming!

I'd love to hear what you think on if the labels are clear enough as to which island they refer to or if they could be better placed.

Name:	Llaethod-p3.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	115797

Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

I think the map looks great! The only label I got a bit confused with was Imiselinos.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaSong View Post
    I think the map looks great! The only label I got a bit confused with was Imiselinos.
    Thanks, I've moved that label slightly so hopefully it is a bit clearer which island it is for.

What do you guys think of the scimitar, keep it or remove it?

Name:	Llaethod-p4.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	115876

I'd say keep it but with a bit more texturing. As it is, it misses something, especially with your detailed reliefs. Also, if you keep it, I'd recommend balancing the colors with something colder in the upper parts but that's personal taste Great job QED42 !

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I'd say keep it but with a bit more texturing. As it is, it misses something, especially with your detailed reliefs. Also, if you keep it, I'd recommend balancing the colors with something colder in the upper parts but that's personal taste Great job QED42 !
    Thanks for the feedback! I've done a little work on the handle but could you be a little more specific on advice for the texturing? I'm kind of bumbling around here not really knowing what I'm doing

Name:	Llaethod-p5.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	115948

I made a slight tweak to the parchment map and consider that one done now. I also brushed up the terrain map just to have in case I ever need it.

Name:	Llaethod.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	116122

Now it is on to working on Deheuol, the continent dominated by the great desert. I have a basic height map for the continent to start with here:

Name:	Deheuol3.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	116123

I started with the coastline of Stewart island, rotated it around and filled in some bits then added in some mountains from Japan and then some from Europe to get here.

And now I've started to put some terrain in. Most of the continent is dominated by a huge desert filled with undead.

Name:	Deheuol5.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	116146

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast