Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Aelwydi

It's a really impressively realistic style. I'm not a 100% sold on the water being pitch black, but the terrain looks awesome.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    It's a really impressively realistic style. I'm not a 100% sold on the water being pitch black, but the terrain looks awesome.
    Thanks! The problem with doing the water something other than black is then I feel like I have to do the rivers too which is a bit trickier and they don't show up as well when they aren't black.

Very minor update but here are some super rough borders for what I have planned for the political set up of the continent. As per usual I've ended up with more countries than I had plans for so that is something to think about for a bit before any more actual mapping progress happens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deheuol5r.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	804.7 KB 
ID:	116245

The stars are important locations in the infinite desert. The red star at the centre is the black necropolis, where the undead that dominate the desert spawn from, and the blue stars are the 4 elemental gates, possibly lost or ruined, that lead to the Genasi city in a pocket dimension that is the way point between the material plane and the elemental plane.

I had to take a break to hammer out some lore but I'm finally back to mapping again!

Name:	Deheuolp1.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	116374

For the inserts I'm thinking of doing the four elemental gates in the corners and the lost elemental city in the bottom middle.

Guess what? It's update time!

Name:	Deheuolp4.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	332.5 KB 
ID:	116448

Not sure I'm loving the drawings in the inserts. This is a scaled down version of what I'm working on but even on the bigger version I'm not sure they are great.

Gotten to the point where I need to name all the cities and I'm cursing myself for putting so many on the map.

Name:	Deheuolp4.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	3.60 MB 
ID:	116477

I have started playing far too much Team Fight Tactics but this map is still trundling along.

Name:	Deheuolp5.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	6.73 MB 
ID:	116562

Need to do something with the labels on the inserts, add the continent name and think about names for the seas/oceans.

I think this might be the final update, what do you all think? Any suggestions for improvements?

Name:	Deheuolp7.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	3.40 MB 
ID:	116599

Looks good to me. My only nitpic would be the labels in the seas. Kinda hard to see against all the swirlies. Maybe a little darker on the lettering or a bit of outer glow of some sort just to make them stand out a bit more?
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Looks good to me. My only nitpic would be the labels in the seas. Kinda hard to see against all the swirlies. Maybe a little darker on the lettering or a bit of outer glow of some sort just to make them stand out a bit more?
    Would still work if the labels were in little boxes or banners though

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast