Thread: Tir Bore

Default Tir Bore

This is the first continent for a world I've been building called Aelwydi. Both Tir Bore and Aelwydi were named by the elves who were giving the world above ground to rule over. The Elven empire collapsed over a thousand years ago but their names for continents and the world are still largely in use.

Tir Bore is the Eastern most continent and is inhabited by humans, halflings, dwarves (in both good and bad flavours) and a small amount of elves as well as a good selection of chaotic races like orcs and goblins in the wilder regions.

For maps there is a terrain map of the whole continent and a political map showing part of the continent that is the most populous.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tir bore combined.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	3.50 MB 
ID:	112312

You can find a work in progress thread over in the World/regional mapping section.

For the terrain map I used techniques mostly from Arsheesh's Eriond tutorial. For the height map I used a basic outline of Tasmania rotated and then added in my own features which are a mixture of generated from clouds as per the tutorial and blended in real life elements from NASA satellite pictures. You can find the Carpathian mountains and mount Etna in there.

For the parchment map I used a bit more trial and error (mostly error). Both the sea and forests ended up being altered versions of seamless patterns from deviant art you can find what I used for the ocean here and the forests here.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I really liek the papperns and think the Mountains and teh frame would look better with something matching.

Original and creative! I second SK about the mountains, though.

Nice work, I especially love the first one. The second one has some great ideas, but like the others I do think not all of them quite go together. But it still deserves rep for the cool colors alone!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    I really liek the papperns and think the Mountains and teh frame would look better with something matching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Original and creative! I second SK about the mountains, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Nice work, I especially love the first one. The second one has some great ideas, but like the others I do think not all of them quite go together. But it still deserves rep for the cool colors alone!
    Thanks for the kind words and feed back. I've been thinking about it but I'm not sure how a pattern for mountains would work in a similar style. It is something I will think on for future maps though.