View Poll Results: November 2018 Challenge: Map A Story - Vote for your favorite(s)!

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Charge of Sir Arthur Bryne, by aeshnidae

16 45.71%
  • Al'Terrino, by ChickPea

6 17.14%
  • Descent, by Gidde

0 0%
  • The Continent of Ithira, by Ifrix

21 60.00%
  • The Shattering of Ixantar's Gate, by Jaxilon

6 17.14%
  • Hogsmeade, by MistyBeee

20 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** November 2018 Challenge: Map a Story VOTING TIME ***

I've put off voting long enough I guess. There are a couple of these that are really good so I'm not taking away from anyone but my vote finally went to Ifrix.

The main reason for my choice is because I'm in love with the coloration and whenever a map feels like I want to eat it then I'm all in. So killer job on that.
    I know you have a river running through the wall in once spot but that's just a little masking issue. I know you crushed to get it done (even if you aren't completely finished with it).
    I also have to award the whole historic march of time you have with all the little markers. I just think it's a lovely piece.

MistyBee's entry is also great, even if I'm not a Harry Potter nut. I'm not as in love with the coloration as I am with Ifrix's but it is not at all bad.
    Aeshnidae's is spot on with regard to the challenge as well and I have to say I like the poetic touch. I've thought about trying to use some of my own poems in a piece and you may have inspired me so thanks for that. For me, the entry is a bit on the cartoonish side but that's not entirely bad, it's just that I am more in love with realism I guess. Not that I dislike comic style so much as I do lean a tad more towards realism as my personal preference.

You may wonder why I didn't just vote for all the ones I liked and so I'll just say we used to have an honor rule that only allowed so many votes based on how many entries were in the challenge. In one such as this with so few, we never had more than 1. So one is what I cast. I think the rule used to be something like 1 vote per every 5 entries.

I'll rep everyone I can but if we all vote for every piece it's tough to squeeze out a winner. You have no idea how much agony it is choosing. All of these could honestly be used for something legit.

Great job everyone and I look forward to more sweet works from all of you. I hope I can find the time to be in more of these myself as I surely need to keep pushing.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

I nearly missed the vote... It was hard to dismiss ChickPea's fairy tale and MystyBeee's artistic composition, but I ended to vote for aeshnidae and Ifrix, the most story telling maps in my opinion
    Great job everyone!

I went with my gut feelings and voted for aeshnidae and ChickPea. The former because it's all there, the ballad and the map; the latter because it's bloody gorgeous. I really should have voted for everyone though. Maybe more so Jaxilion to keep the things climbing that abyss at bay
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Just FYI - I'm going to be asleep already when the voting closes tonight so I will be granting the compass to the winner tomorrow evening. Sorry for the inconvenience folks; I wasn't originally set to be traveling tomorrow for work but stuff happens.

Great job Ifrix, amaizing map, congratulations.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Now live on Flinders Island in the Bass Strait between mainland Australia and Tasmania (40deg lat)
    Blog Entries

Like Straf, and for the same reasons, I voted for Aeshnidae And ChickPea. But all were good ... great actually
    "To imagine is to be human; to be human is to imagine. We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams."

Argh, missed the vote!! Outstanding maps, everybody. And congrats to If, a very well deserved win, would have gotten my vote as well.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Congrats for your first golden compass, Ifrix !
    Hope you'll continue to work on the map soon

Congrats, Ifrix! That was some tough competition you won against.

And thanks to Straf and Quenten for their comments on my map.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Oh wow, thanks everyone
    That was a really close vote and some tough competition, I actually thought Misty's was going to easily win it

And thanks for pointing out the river Jax, I'll try and remember to fix that when I come back to it (might take a little break after that cram though). I need to plan more of the campaign next, I kinda left the players stranded in the Astral Plane at the end of the first session...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast